• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

core i5/p55 retail aviability thread

Last week while I was with a friend, I spotted ASUS's P55 boards at Central Computers in Sunnyvale, CA (centralcomputers.com) and IIRC, I think I saw the Deluxe, Premium and a regular one. Prices ranged from 159.99-229.99.

This was last week though, I have no idea if they are selling it or not yet.
 
You'll see some of the lesser shops start selling them usually the weekend before the release.
 
How the heck have we gone from paper launches 4-5 years ago to the complete opposite? :p And why doesn't Intel just get it over with already, jeez, you'd think they could push up the date a lil' considering how well prepared they (and retailers) seem to be for it, or at 'least kill the NDAs already.
 
Just curious...when does the NDA on these end?
I'm interested in building a p55 system, but I'd like to see some comparisons and numbers first.
 
I'm not sure they can even say when the NDA ends, lol, but it's probably around the start of Sept since it's supposed to launch the first week.
 
The i5 preview here at [H] mentioned something about "next week" so, perhaps tomorrow? Intel does have a tendency to release the new stuff on Mondays... guess we'll find out in about ~12 hours, perhaps.
 
The i5 preview here at [H] mentioned something about "next week" so, perhaps tomorrow? Intel does have a tendency to release the new stuff on Mondays... guess we'll find out in about ~12 hours, perhaps.

i hope you are right i doubt intel would be stupid enough to drop something on labor day weekend
 
only a few hours till MONDAY! hopefully the nda expires at midnight! i have been waiting far too long
 
Me too.

I'm in the market to upgrade again. I love the Core i7's, but they're just too pricey for me (roommate has one and it's amazing though). I want to know if I should go Core i5, or spring for an Athlon X4 instead. Both are viable upgrade paths.

I'm not going for a Core i5 if retailers are pricing it nearly the same as Core i7's though. I want an honest price comparison to Athlon X4's. You can't really beat the price of AMD these days.
 
Well, looks like Monday wasn't the expiration date :)
Maybe Tuesday, the first day of September? I'm mainly just curious about the P55 boards and what they bring to the table vs. what's out there now. My wife's computer is dying rapidly and I figure I'll give her my C2D and build something new for myself.
 
I'm not going for a Core i5 if retailers are pricing it nearly the same as Core i7's though. I want an honest price comparison to Athlon X4's. You can't really beat the price of AMD these days.

What's an Athlon X4? I hope you meant a Phenom II... In any case, there'll probably be some price gouging on P55 mobos right after launch, but after a month or two there should be a wide selection of cheap $110-130 mobos. As for the processors themselves, the entire point of i5 is to offer something comparable to i7 but at cheaper prices for the mainstream consumer... The 'least expensive i5 quad will be the 750 at $200 (no HT), other quads (faster clocked and w/HT) go up from there, but there'll be cheaper dual cores as well.

There isn't much of a mystery about prices at this point, just a matter of how quickly mobo prices will settle and exact performance numbers vs i7.
 
What's an Athlon X4? I hope you meant a Phenom II... In any case, there'll probably be some price gouging on P55 mobos right after launch, but after a month or two there should be a wide selection of cheap $110-130 mobos. As for the processors themselves, the entire point of i5 is to offer something comparable to i7 but at cheaper prices for the mainstream consumer... The 'least expensive i5 quad will be the 750 at $200 (no HT), other quads (faster clocked and w/HT) go up from there, but there'll be cheaper dual cores as well.

There isn't much of a mystery about prices at this point, just a matter of how quickly mobo prices will settle and exact performance numbers vs i7.

the Athlon X4 is amd's budget quad (100ish) it still offers very reasonable performance even though it does not have the l3 cache. back on topic i hate intel tehy make us wait and wait and wait for fucks sake frys had the damn cpu at the beginning of the damn month RELEASE IT ALREADY
 
I want my dual core w/HT!!!!!!!! NOW. Man this waiting is killing me.
 
Last edited:
Why not just get a quad that's available?
:confused:

The benifits of having the on die memory controller, 32nm chip that uses less power and OC way outside what is currently available. They also take advantage of DDR3 memory were the current generation really does not.:D

Damn the dual cores dont launch until 1/10/2010 guess I have a bit of a wait then.
 
Last edited:
check out my intel 1156 launch thread it has the boards and memory we will have at launch and they will be good deals ;)
 
I know provantage has boards. I already recieved mine from them earlier this week.

Got the p55m-ud4
 
pics please...

Sorry my camera phone isn't very good
fthim8.jpg


6f8oiw.jpg


P55m-ud4
A05B case
4870 xfx 1gb
8GB gskill ram
1tb wd

In route i7-860 and ocz agility 60g
 
I had an 860 in my cart then when i hit the checkout button *poof* insufficient stock :(:(:(:(:(
 
I see nothing on newegg for the core I5

I was told by a friend who works at fry's that they will have the I5 750 and 4 different P55 boards available on tuesday
 
There must be two Newegg's because the one that I just looked at doesn't show any Lynnfield/i5 cpu's on their website.

CB

Was available for about an hour or so. Then all of the p55 boards and lynnfield cpu's got deactivated, and removed.

So there is still one newegg as far as I know aswell.:rolleyes:
 
This was the lineup at newegg. Deactivated and removed now. Will give you an idea of the pricing tho.
2nqs5u8.jpg


Edit, err it would if the screenshot would show up full size.
 
I know what you mean. I'd need a scanning electron microscope to read that. Thanks anyway for trying.

CB
 
Back
Top