• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Core 2 E6300 vs Intel Pentium Dual Core e6300?

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
4,701
Two CPU's, two radically different clock speeds, same name. Could anyone enlighten me as to the difference please? A Google search was surprisingly unhelpful.
 
the Intel® Pentium® Processor E6300 is better

lower power consumption
1000 mhz more

the core 2 duo has twice the cache but 1000 mhz is always better

E6300 VS Core2 Duo E6300
2800 mhz VS 1860 mhz
1066 FSB VS 1066 FSB
45nm VS 65nm
2mb Cache VS 4mb Cache
 
Its that simple? There are NO architecture differences? That seems more than... wrong to me.
 
In this case. e6300 > e6300.

(new>old)

Speed is higher, and runs cooler. Cache is lower yes, but I think overall performance is better. Plus its cheap too.
 
Its that simple? There are NO architecture differences? That seems more than... wrong to me.
Well, it is the newer Wolfdale vs the older Conroe (I don't know if there are any differences past the names and the process, though:eek: )
 
Both the new and the old e6300s have 2mb cache. The e6320 had 4mb cache.
 
The crazy thing is this pentium e6300 has VT to support virtualization (and win XP mode in 7), so I'd pick the pentium version for sure.
 
Pentium version is superior. Runs cooler, higher OC ceiling.
 
The crazy thing is this pentium e6300 has VT to support virtualization (and win XP mode in 7), so I'd pick the pentium version for sure.
Old version had VT as wel, it was the e4x00 and e2xx0's that didn't. However, no Conroe supports SSE4.x, whereas most of the 45nm chips do.
 
Old version had VT as wel, it was the e4x00 and e2xx0's that didn't. However, no Conroe supports SSE4.x, whereas most of the 45nm chips do.

Yeah, I think what he meant was that most PDC's don't have VT and this one does.
 
Both the new and the old e6300s have 2mb cache. The e6320 had 4mb cache.

THAT is the difference!

I have an e6320, and had no clue as to why is was more expensive than the e6300 (conroe, of course), yet had the same clock speeds.

I guess mass table lists are NOT the way for me.

Thank you!
 
I would stick to the Pentium Dual-Core E6300 personally - the Wolfdale is the more modern structure with the 45nm process and therefore in theory, lower temperatures. It also has a pretty high clock speed from the factory - and I believe some have been known to overclock pretty well.

Truth be told, the Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 is suitable for many needs - it is a VERY capable overclocking 45nm Wolfdale-based CPU - and naturally, it's cheaper than the E6300 =P
 
Back
Top