Cooling a 200W CPU in a small case?

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
I noticed recently that some of the upcoming Xeon CPUs have TDPs in the 200W range. Are there cooling solutions available to be able to use such CPUs in ultra-small cases like the Dan A4 or the Ncase M1?

200w is alot to pull away in a small case. Maybe the Swiftech H140-X externally?

The Dan A4 would be pushing it, as it only has room for a low profile air cooler, you might fit in a custom water loop with a thin rad and thin fan, but I doubt it would cool 200W. The M1 is easy, it supports dual rad coolers, or even bigger if going custom loop.

I noticed recently that some of the upcoming Xeon CPUs have TDPs in the 200W range. Are there cooling solutions available to be able to use such CPUs in ultra-small cases like the Dan A4 or the Ncase M1?

In a small case, you'll pretty much require mid-to-high end AIO liquid cooling. I'd say 240mm rad minimum (unless you're building your own loop), 280-360 preferred. If EKWB ever brings back its thick 140mm AIO, that might just be sufficient. Neither fit into most SFF cases without modification.

Low profile coolers, even towers up to 150mm tall, are rated for 100-150W TDP. Not good enough.

In an M1 I actually think you could do it - with a 240 on the side panel you'd be in a pretty happy place as that position is quite efficient.

Some of the dual 240 loops with cooling to space would be awesome for you.

Not much chance in an A4 though.

Back