coolest running socket a?

Calpis

Gawd
which socket a runs the coolest? i need to know the which type/core/speed will run the coolest. this will be going into a asus a7n8x-vm400 and be placed into a very hot antec aria case. speed isnt a big issue since it will only be used as a remote access pc to d/l files while away from home.

thanks in advnace.

The XP mobile processors are probably the coolest running by far. The XP2400+, 2500+ and 2600+ would be your best bet. They run at either 1.35 or 1.45 volts. They are also Barton cores which happen to be the best socket A core.

I have mine overclocked a good bit, but heat shouldn't be a problem at stock speed and voltages. If your motherboard has the voltage adjustments, you can undervolt and underclock the processor. Some people have them running on passive cooling this way.

You'll need to look around to see if your motherboard will support them. Not all do and you won't find any motherboard manufacturer state whether the mobiles will on it or not. There is no "official" support for running moblies in a desktop board.

Yeah, go with an XP-m. I have my 2600-m running at 1.75v and 2.45ghz all day, and temps never get above 45c. I've been tempted to see how low I can get the voltage on the stock speed of 2ghz, but I've been lazy.

Back