• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

coolermaster vs Silverstone, what to take ?

ead

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
133
Ok
I have the option to get the BEST of this two brands.
I want a full tower size.
So it is the Stacker, or the Cosmo S or the J10

So
What will you take and why? who gives better cooling? have better design and overall you prefer ?
 
Linkage to J10 cause I don't think I've heard of it before =p

Current I'd choose the stacker. V nice cooling and love the design.
 
Ok lets see now.

For cooling I say ummm Stacker.

Design ummm Stacker.

Overall I prefer ummm Stacker lol =p
 
Isn't the coolermaster cosmo is better than stacker? like an updated version of it? with the side panel fan and so on?
 
For build quality take the Silverstone (No plastic)
Personally I also think it looks a lot nicer, the Stacker and Cosmos are way to gaudy and tacky looking imo.
 
Silverstone build quality is amazing. I just got rid of my TJ09 which is the same case as the TJ10 basically (looks like just a door covering the bays).

That being said, the Silverstone cases are heavy.

I'm not sure if the Cosmo fits the TRUE 120 heatsinks which are somewhat popular. I thought I read somewhere they didn't fit.
 
For build quality take the Silverstone (No plastic)
Personally I also think it looks a lot nicer, the Stacker and Cosmos are way to gaudy and tacky looking imo.

Same opinion here as well. I never did like the Stacker nor Cosmos.
 
Amm
And about cooling, what is better? (for today rig - like 9800GX2 or even Quad SLI, Raid 0 and so on)
 
Personally, I think the Silverstone as you can outfit it with 3x120mm fans for exhaust. Also the HDD's stay cool with the cooling tunnel thing they put in the front.

The difference between the two is minimal I would guess.
 
The cooler cosmo also has a nice 3x fans on the top (120MM)
 
wow the J10 is pretty cool it has these things near the end of the video cards that hold them up so they arent dragging. Silverstones are nice cases, but for the money the cosmos would be better.
 
Cosmos S has three 120 mm fans if you wish on the top. One 120 mm on the bottom inside. Two or three 120 mm if you wish in the front and one 120 mm in the back. And of course the 200 mm fan on the left side panel.
 
As much as I appreciate Coolermaster's bangforthebuck quality, Silverstone's is just ... better. +1 for SS.

Superior quality and features, the TJ10 is fantastic.
 
Yes, but what about cooling? who cools better?

I have a TJ09 which is basically the same without the front door. It keeps dual Quads and dual 2900XTs cool and it does a good job moving air across the fb-dimms.
 
Back
Top