Coolermaster TC-100A ... fanless Mini iTX case

Cov

Gawd
The Coolermaster TC-100A

tc-100a.jpg

Main features: fanless & dustrestistance
Dimension: 200 mm (W) x 256 mm (D) x 75 mm (H)
Available space: 2.5" HDD / SSD
Operating temperature: up to 50 degrees C ambient

Ok, first thing I noticed, I don't seem to find any online retailer who has this case. WTF ?
Then, running a Q9550S passively would be pushing it, right ?
But how could I implement an active CPU cooling without having sufficient airflow ?

I think this case looks awesome anyway ... for a minimalist like me.

The 100A appears to just be a smaller (no optical drive) version of the 100. Looks to still be OEM.

I have sent Coolermaster an email, asking where to get this case at all.

By the way, they have another interesting passive cooled Mini iTX case called "Cube" ...

chassis_03.jpg

If the motherboard would support underclocking / undervolting (which the Zotac does not unfortunately), I could imagine the operation of E8400 or even Q9550S in a case like that very well.

paradroid wrote: Lovely case!
That's what I think too !
I love the symetric of this case, with the power button exactly in the middle.
I wonder whether the power LED was built into the power button, and the LED for HDD too (outer circle possibly) ?

... for PSU you would prolly use an external picoPSU.
An external PSU ? I think that's an external transformator 110/220 V to 12 V, right ?
And inside the case might be a tiny panel above the duplex connector which divides the 12 V into whatever the motherboard needs as well as power for the 2.5" HDD or SSD.
Funny thing is that such a PSU is rather primitive compared to high quality PSUs, but it still cost about DOUBLE the money while it should cost HALF, the most.
That's actually not funny but rip-off.

...the few fanless cases I have seen, use heatpipes to connect the chips to aluminum case fins and seem to run $500+.
Could you fit an HD capable HTPC mobo in here? I would like to know ...

Well, I'm sure you know the Zotac GeForce 9300 iTX. It seems to be the No 1 HTPC motherboard.
My plan is to get this board together with a Q9550S CPU.
Unfortunatelt does this motherboard not offer UC/UV, but I'd be crazy enough to try it anyway and see.

In case it gets too hot, I still have a E8400 CPU which would help temperature wise.
Problem is I don't seem to find any retailer who'd sell this case.

The hottest parts in a common PC are ...

1. GPU, if there is an external graphics card.
In our case there is no space for external graphic cards, so the IGP would be the number 1 heat source I guess.

2. CPU can get rather hot too despite the modern 45nm process.
That's why I thought about UC/UV.

3. PSU. Because the transformator is located outside the PC case, there would be no problem with that.

Back