CoolerMaster Stacker (new case)

emorphien

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
2,834
I don't care for the ventilation arrangement, particuarly with the intake fans at the bottom of the back panel. As much as many people try the wall behind a computer/desk gets dusty. Those fans would get switched around quickly for me.

And in any rate the other intakes have no fan filters, you have to put your own in it seems.

Not digging it much. As much as I like some of coolermasters designs, I always take issue with things like these in their cases. Oh well.
 

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
382
That case will form the basis of my new PC (end of summer)
Im planning on fitting a watercooling system (pump / rad / res) in the bottom part. Then covering it with a false plexiglass floor.
Obviously cut some holes for the tubing to pass through and we should be onto something.
 

NickTheNut

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 18, 2001
Messages
4,657
Originally posted by emorphien
I don't care for the ventilation arrangement, particuarly with the intake fans at the bottom of the back panel.

if you notice, the diagram show's that the bottom back fans are exhaust, not intake. fyi.
 

compslckr

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
8,914
omg teh ub3r file server case. might need to get one if they make it affordable.


meh

who am i kidding, coolermaster is never affordable ;)

i got lucky when i got my current coolermaster, it was only $45 with shipping from these forums
 

emorphien

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
2,834
Originally posted by NickTheNut
if you notice, the diagram show's that the bottom back fans are exhaust, not intake. fyi.

I'll look again, that's not what I thought the specs listed.
 

hardwired

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
1,878
Originally posted by Stang Man
too bad it's not ALL aluminum :(

hell no its not. aluminum in that thickness and that structure would be terrible. i would definitely not trust 11 bays worth of parts to flimsy-ass aluminum. its meant to be a server case, not an Antec LANboy.

aluminum cases were a bad idea in the first place, IMO.
 

Minotauro

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
227
doesn't aluminum dissipate heat 3x faster than steel?

Even with my Coolermaster Praetorian (sp?) with 2 side panel fans, a tornado for exhaust in the back and 2 upgraded fans in the front, the inside still gets incredibly hot after an hour or so of BFV. Wouldn't it be a lot worse with a steel case?
 

emorphien

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
2,834
Originally posted by Minotauro
doesn't aluminum dissipate heat 3x faster than steel?

Even with my Coolermaster Praetorian (sp?) with 2 side panel fans, a tornado for exhaust in the back and 2 upgraded fans in the front, the inside still gets incredibly hot after an hour or so of BFV. Wouldn't it be a lot worse with a steel case?

No, but this is a popular claim made by aluminum case manufacturers. It may help a bit, but it's not a drastic improvement. In some cases there's hardly a difference if at all.
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
633
That case is like perfect for a WC kit on the bottom, like the one guy said the false bottom would be nice cuz it would be like a mini duct moving the air right out of the system. So many ideas for when I build my case!
 

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
382
Yes I am really thinking about the falso bottom and using the bottom front 120mm fan as the cooler for the rad.
Sure I would lose a couple of drive bays, but nothing too drastic in a case of that size.
 

Stang Man

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 19, 2002
Messages
2,532
Originally posted by hardwired
hell no its not. aluminum in that thickness and that structure would be terrible. i would definitely not trust 11 bays worth of parts to flimsy-ass aluminum. its meant to be a server case, not an Antec LANboy.

aluminum cases were a bad idea in the first place, IMO.

the Antec's were shit aluminum

lian-lis and coolermasters were made of quality aluminum, and not flimsy at all, :eek:

plus, SECC steel is more flimsy than antything!
 

hardwired

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
1,878
Originally posted by Stang Man
SECC steel is more flimsy than antything!

my YY cube was hit by a civic at about 15mph and it did no damage to the case other than a few scratches from when it fell over (the casters suck on concrete).

split the civic's bumper.

can i take a LL side panel and bend it with my bare hands? easily. can i do that with my YY? no way.

i read that aluminum has to be 3x thicker than steel to have equivalent rigidity. i am not too sure about that, but i do know that i would never say an aluminum case is just as durable as the same case in SECC.
 

Anemone

Gawd
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
903
If that were aluminum I'd be first in line for one. Since its not, I'm not. I do like the design, being watercooling based myself, but 20 kilos worth of case is not fun. Put in 10 kilos of stuff and you'll want to reinforce the floor you put it on... hehe

I also realize that to make aluminum thick enough to due the duty that case can, would have been expensive but I'd have been interested in it despite that.

Also not sure if the mobo removes or not, another make or break factor for me in a nice $$ case.
 

qdemn7

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 2, 2002
Messages
4,487
That is a really impressive case. The fact that it's ATX/BTX capable is a real plus. Also plently of room for a W/C system just adds to the case's value. Can't really tell if it has a reovable motherboard tray, if it does, I would have to give it real consideration.
 

IYIENACE

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
273
Yes, that may be my next case if it is under $120.00. Other than when modding my case doesn't get moved so I don't care if it's made of lead as far as weight goes.
 

hardwired

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
1,878
Originally posted by qdemn7
Can't really tell if it has a reovable motherboard tray, if it does, I would have to give it real consideration.

http://www.coolermaster.com.br/product_common_images/818e938013613003fe5aeb8883192860.jpg
look harder. it doesnt. in fact, it has a big ol' piece of SECC holdin it down. suck it up and buy it anyways, its gonna be one of the best cases of the year.

Originally posted by IYIENACE
Yes, that may be my next case if it is under $120.00.

doesnt look like it. my guess is approx 160-180. 140 at the lowest. it has the features, tho, so its worth it.
 

lorcani

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
2,375
That thing has "HAL 9000" appeal. :D

I may pick one of those up if the price is right, or if I decide to go out and buy 8 more drives.
 

IYIENACE

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
273
Originally posted by lorcani
I may pick one of those up if the price is right, or if I decide to go out and buy 8 more drives.

Forget the drives! How about a 120x3 in the front with a push/pull configuration? ;)
 

hardwired

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
1,878
Originally posted by IYIENACE
Forget the drives! How about a 120x3 in the front with a push/pull configuration? ;)

im loading the front with 120s, hell yeah. if you get the one with the mesh side, you can stick all your case fans to exhaust and then it should work okay with the straight negative airflow, and the dust would get caught on the side mesh.

that, or you could feed the crossflow fan with 120s set to intake, but you would have positive airflow then, most likely, so you will gather dust.

its a sticky wicket.
 

KINgGh0sT

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 11, 2001
Messages
1,076
What I don't understand is why these case makers would not add a simple clean bead rolled design, EVERYONE that knows metal work knows this adds insane strength to sheet metal
 

hardwired

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
1,878
i was just surfing around and i came across a price figure:

USD$138

not bad at all!
i'll have mine the day after frozencpu stocks it. they'll prolly charge a few dollars more, being frozencpu, but just like the UT2004 DVD, its one of those things I must have before everyone else.
 

qdemn7

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 2, 2002
Messages
4,487
Originally posted by hardwired
i'll have mine the day after frozencpu stocks it. they'll prolly charge a few dollars more, being frozencpu, but just like the UT2004 DVD, its one of those things I must have before everyone else.
Hey thanks for the heads up about Frozen CPU going to stock them. I've got an email notification set up or when they come in stock. :)
 

hardwired

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
1,878
Originally posted by qdemn7
Hey thanks for the heads up about Frozen CPU going to stock them. I've got an email notification set up or when they come in stock. :)

hellz yeas, i've got myself one as wel.
 
Top