Coolermaster RMA service sucks

d50man

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
2,806
Well i did a bone headed thing a while ago and now i'm paying for it.

I purchased a Extreme power 650w powersupply from CLUBIT.COM; well the fan goes out in it so i ship the unit in for and RMA repair /replacement under warrenty.

Well its been OVER a month just getting an email about a ups tracking number that is only in billing stage for....MDGFIRH^% ground shipping from California.

The only reason i got this service done is calling the customer service number... no action from the website

Bottom line no more coolermaster psus for me sticking with OCZ and Corsair.
 
Ouch. That sucks man.

What PSU are they sending to you? Another crappy Extreme power?
 
Yeah he started to send a real power pro 650, then magically he found an DISCONTINUED extreme power : ( but now worries i'm done with them. deliverey date now says tuesday BOOOOOOOO
 
These MOTHERFX@$^%& sent me a 600w extreme power duo bull****
I'm done with coolermaster powersupplies,cases, and heatsinks since they can't do right by me.
I told the support guy that i was going to power a CORE I7 and a GTX 280 and he still sent me out this crap!!!
 
still waiting over 40 days and i don't have the RIGHT replacement powersupply
 
i tell everyone not to buy anything electrical from coolermaster, you're right their customer service is a complete pile of rhinocerous diarrea.

i have the V8 cooler and a custom ATCS case.... thats as far as i'll go.... if i want a power supply i will go to Corsair :D... i strayed away once to Tagan but never again.
 
I got a 900w UCP series free for beta testing... I love it.

I think it honestly depends on the series of PSU you get from CM, we sell the cheaper units at my store and they are total crap in comparison.
 
I have the Real Power Pro 750 watt, and it recently started to buzz on me. I bought it at PC Club because I was in a pinch with my new system build. The Rosewill 600 watt I bought wouldn't power my 2900xt and I was Jonesing for some Total War. That was 2 years ago. PC Club went bankrupt last year and took my receipts on file with them. I contacted CoolerMaster with my buzzing problem, and also how I didn't have a receipt because PC Club said they would keep it on file for me. Anyway, their customer service was GREAT. They told me to send it in on RMA. The day it got there, I received 2 emails from them. One said they were inspecting it, the other said they mailed a replacement. According to UPS I should get it tomorrow. Less than one week. I told Coolermaster in my RMA request that I would laud their praises if they could help me out. So, here I am. They have been awesome! Sincerely!
 
I thought this was the [H] site, in which a true [H]ard OC'er would've simply replaced the fan on their own. But then again, they would've known from the get-go about the shatty Coolermaster P.S.'s.
 
I thought this was the [H] site, in which a true [H]ard OC'er would've simply replaced the fan on their own.
Being [H] doesn't mean not being logical. There is no sense in replacing the fan yourself and voiding the warranty when you can get it fixed for free and maintain the warranty in case the PSU develops a real hardware issue in the future.
 
you must not be an overclocker... cause that voids your warranty as well. Have an aftermarket cooler??? Void your warranty. Overclock your videocard??? Void your warranty. lol.

If getting it fixed for free entails waiting for a month or so before they even acknowledge anything, I'll take my chances with being 'un-logical'. :p
 
you must not be an overclocker... cause that voids your warranty as well. Have an aftermarket cooler??? Void your warranty. Overclock your videocard??? Void your warranty. lol.
You can't overclock without voiding your warranty. You can get the PSU fan replaced without voiding its warranty. When possible, I avoid unnecessarily voiding my warranties, because it would be silly to do so.

And using an aftermarket cooler does not void any warranties.
 
I thought this was the [H] site, in which a true [H]ard OC'er would've simply replaced the fan on their own. But then again, they would've known from the get-go about the shatty Coolermaster P.S.'s.

Not a single thing about that post makes sense.

1) as Zero said, why void a warranty, if you can get a new PSU? If you want to do it yourself and feel more like a "super tinkerer" that's fine, but don't chastise other people for making what is arguably the smarter decision.

2)The Coolermaster RealPower Pros are not "shatty"...if you really were [H]ard, you would have read the reviews on this site and you would realize that.
 
Back
Top