Coolermaster New HAF

I love it.

Unfortunately, I also love my Evolv.

I hope the HAFs bring joy to whoever buys them. ;_;

looks fking amazing! Too bad I went ITX for my build in progress. Getting the phantek shift

Seriously dual 200mm intakes are amazing

Any idea on availability and price?

Honestly, the 200mm intakes are nice.
But I'd love it if they just settled on 200mm all-around for a case.

One-and-done.

And, hopefully, they'll release a non-LED version of these cases for those who don't want to "put on the red light".

One-and-done.

And, hopefully, they'll release a non-LED version of these cases for those who don't want to "put on the red light".
Most rgb I have looked into can be turned off...

One-and-done.

From what I've read, 200mm will be an option for the top, as well.

Good. Because I think most of it looks gaudy as fuck.

Like using lipstick to draw a smiley face on a Lamborghini's hood.
Most rgb is also demoed in rainbow barf mode when 99% of the time specific color themes are actually used example I'm planning on putting a kit in my haf xb to make it somewhat resemble a warp core from the nx era of star trek so I'll be using shades of blue and red.

looks fking amazing! Too bad I went ITX for my build in progress. Getting the phantek shift
Is there an ITX case with a 200mm intake and 200mm exhaust and maybe one 200mm top? Now that’s be a silent and awesome case.

Is there an ITX case with a 200mm intake and 200mm exhaust and maybe one 200mm top? Now that’s be a silent and awesome case.
maybe front and top i dont see a 200mm front and back without the case being bigger than itx maybe 200mm front 120 back with a external power brick...

Oh right. Yeah in the back wouldn’t make sense.

Core V1 itx has a 200mm at the front, top is a window but I bet that could be changed to support 200mm exhaust. Pretty sure all the panels are interchangeable.

I don't need a new case but I will buy one of those 200mm RGB fans when they come out if they are available separately.

Core V1 itx has a 200mm at the front, top is a window but I bet that could be changed to support 200mm exhaust. Pretty sure all the panels are interchangeable.

I don't need a new case but I will buy one of those 200mm RGB fans when they come out if they are available separately.
I don't think I'll wait for that rgb 200mm I'll get a white bitfenix 200mm snip the whites then put a nzxt rgb addressable strip around the fan it should only need 1. That way it will be addressable by the hue+

I need some blue red breathing action in this case

Last edited:
I really love what they have done with the case. Can't wait to check out reviews. This may be my new case.

I just like that 200mm fans are coming back, that gives good airflow at lower speeds. Not everyone is on the liquid cooling bandwagon and the rest of the mobo needs air flowing over it not just the CPU and GPU.

I just like that 200mm fans are coming back, that gives good airflow at lower speeds. Not everyone is on the liquid cooling bandwagon and the rest of the mobo needs air flowing over it not just the CPU and GPU.

I give you the good airflow at lower speeds, that is true, but I will have to say that the rest of that is disingenuous. A pair of 140mm fans in any decent case cools the entire motherboard with /NO/ problems.

Besides: 200mm is WAY wider than needed for a case, so most of the airflow is going over nothing. (When it's 6" above the motherboard, it's not cooling shit.)

I give you the good airflow at lower speeds, that is true, but I will have to say that the rest of that is disingenuous. A pair of 140mm fans in any decent case cools the entire motherboard with /NO/ problems.

Besides: 200mm is WAY wider than needed for a case, so most of the airflow is going over nothing. (When it's 6" above the motherboard, it's not cooling shit.)

That's a good point I do think it depends on the case and setup. In my instance my HSF is 171mm by itself and my GPU is vertical and is 148mm so I am using most of the air flow. Now granted a 140mm for the mobo itself is probably all that is necessary and for most that would be sufficient and would be a good compromise on airflow to noise.

I just like big cases.

Attachments

• pc_build_012017-4.jpg
    pc_build_012017-4.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 51
Sometime later this year 139.00 floating around.
dang that's reasonable - i'm in for one if only to strip out all the stupid lighting - and if the fans are quality and the build quality is good

I will be getting one, I bought a 400c to suffice for now. But I want one of those badly.

That's a good point I do think it depends on the case and setup. In my instance my HSF is 171mm by itself and my GPU is vertical and is 148mm so I am using most of the air flow. Now granted a 140mm for the mobo itself is probably all that is necessary and for most that would be sufficient and would be a good compromise on airflow to noise.

I just like big cases.
And both the CPU cooler and GPU have hardware fans attached to guarantee they get cool air, so that 200mm doesn't have to work to point air there. ;-)

As much as I praise this design I don't think I'll upgrade "if it's an upgrade" to this case the side air slots not sure if I could get used to them.
My Enforcer both of them look like tanks in comparison which has a mega Flow fan already I used 120mm fans though just because I think the air pushes though my drives better.
I also have like extra IO ports for my enforcer if they ever go bad I had a headphone jack go bad along wtih a USB port that pulled out of the IO plug or whatever as backups and power buttons so I'm set until ATX form factor bites the dust.

Also this case doesn't have a 5.25" and I'm not sure if I could cram 5 drives into the new HAF.

I just got a email a few days ago this is coming out in August along with the Cosmo 25th shortage.

If they made a new Enforcer case that would be awesome and just revamp the entire Storm series.

What they should of done with this cause is not add those crazy slots as vets and made it more true to the Haf X case. I would of made them more distinct and not as crazy and not slanted. Then again the Coolermaster demo was a work in process so anything can happen.

Last edited:
Most rgb is also demoed in rainbow barf mode when 99% of the time specific color themes are actually used example I'm planning on putting a kit in my haf xb to make it somewhat resemble a warp core from the nx era of star trek so I'll be using shades of blue and red.

But wasn't the Enterprise NX-01 warp core orange/amber?
latest

Or magenta?
drexler-nx-01-construction.jpg

url

But wasn't the Enterprise NX-01 warp core orange/amber?
latest

Or magenta?
drexler-nx-01-construction.jpg

url
yep which is why i need to add red to my case if you look on the episode with it active it has a alternating blue red amber colors... if i had been thinking i would have picked the rgb corsair fans but ill make do...

Last edited:
I love my original HAF so will have to keep an eye on this assuming it comes out before my next build.

I just think those airhole slots on the side would bother me after a while. With so many sleek designs out there I'm not sure how this case will really do.
Also room for x2 HDDs and X2 SSDs isn't very appealing to me since I have 5 drives. I like the Front the Top but not the slanted air hole slots they should of just made the injection mold differently.

I rather have a case like the Bitfenix Shogun now that is a good looking case ;D

I just think those airhole slots on the side would bother me after a while. With so many sleek designs out there I'm not sure how this case will really do.
Also room for x2 HDDs and X2 SSDs isn't very appealing to me since I have 5 drives. I like the Front the Top but not the slanted air hole slots they should of just made the injection mold differently.

I rather have a case like the Bitfenix Shogun now that is a good looking case ;D
in my haf
Well the internal cage has room for 3 or 4 ssd you can get a hotswap cage for 1 of the 5.25 bays for up to 8ssd so if you want you can load a few more drives in...

Case looks awesome. Hope they also make a non glass version, I am not too big on windows, I prefer an air cooled rig, and CPU coolers just dont look as nice as a custom loop.

I asked on New Egg the Case only has spots for 2 HHD drives and 2 SSD drives
then added 7-2 expansion slots so I take it they are talking about the motherboard slots. The 2 slots for sideways mounting of your graphics card which would be pretty nice to get away from my Ugly GTX logo on my card. I'm thinking it looks nicer in person.... and the air slots on top and bottom are a acquired taste

Back