Cooler Master Wavemaster...Does it light up?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Does the Wavemaster light up in the front? I have seen them light up blue but I wasn't sure if that was because CCFL, blue intake fans, or does it come with LEDs there? I really like this case. Any owners with pics? :)

jamezzz122 said:
Does the Wavemaster light up in the front? I have seen them light up blue but I wasn't sure if that was because CCFL, blue intake fans, or does it come with LEDs there? I really like this case. Any owners with pics? :)
Yup, the Wavemaster does light up in the front. The stock LEDs are blue. They make a nice blue glow around that outcropping in the front. I currently have some blue LED fans behind that too, so that adds a little extra brightness.

I would post some pics but I can't find my camera cable at the moment, and I don't want to reveal my mod to it yet :)

Waffles730 said:
Yup, the Wavemaster does light up in the front. The stock LEDs are blue. They make a nice blue glow around that outcropping in the front. I currently have some blue LED fans behind that too, so that adds a little extra brightness.

I would post some pics but I can't find my camera cable at the moment, and I don't want to reveal my mod to it yet :)

Ohhh cool. I guess I will buy three blue fans to add a little more lighting and better cooling. Thanks for the help!

the front intakes suck on this case. they absolutley nothing. just suck in dust. if your intent on sticking blue fans in there your gonna have to take the whole front of the case off.

personally, take the 2 front fans out and and flip your harddrives itll look alot better.

when i took the 2 front fans out my case temps didnt go up even 1 degree. i took the top USB thing out thou and stuck 1 of the front fans in there. works great.

chronic9 said:
the front intakes suck on this case. they absolutley nothing. just suck in dust. if your intent on sticking blue fans in there your gonna have to take the whole front of the case off.

personally, take the 2 front fans out and and flip your harddrives itll look alot better.

when i took the 2 front fans out my case temps didnt go up even 1 degree. i took the top USB thing out thou and stuck 1 of the front fans in there. works great.
I agree with taking the top USB things out and putting the fan in there, but I still think it's good to keep at least one fan in the front to cool the hard drives. Granted, it won't be much cool air coming in the front, but at least there will be some air moving over the drives. My raptors stay a lot cooler with the fans in there. If I took the fans out, those things get so hot they could burn you.

Another thing I have heard people do is take the grate part in the front that is covered by the outcropping and drill out the holes so more air can come in. Still most will be recirculating through the case, but more will come in too.

Keep an eye out for my worklog in the next couple days. My mod to the Wavemaster is nearing the end, so I figured I should post it :) Got a few things in there that will help with cooling. It is a nice case stock though.

hey waffles, another CT person!

Ive added some 2 inch holes to the bottom of the wavemaster case, that helped with airflow for me

Back