Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

i just ordered the parts for a new build today.

i'm going to have:

Xeon X3440 CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ HSF
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
XFX Radeon HD 5770
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA HDD
Corsair 650TX 650 Watt PSU
Cooler Master 690 Case

does this sound like a good fan configuration for the CM 690? (in terms of airflow and balanced cfm)

Code:
intake:

front    - yate loon low speed 120mm 44.5cfm
bottom   - yate loon low speed 140mm 46.0cfm
side btm - yate loon low speed 140mm 46.0cfm 

exhaust:

rear     - yate loon low speed 120mm 44.5cfm
top frnt - yate loon low speed 140mm 46.0cfm
top rear - yate loon low speed 140mm 46.0cfm
there are two things i'm worried about. first, i don't know how well i'll be able to fit a fan in the bottom slot because i didn't buy a modular psu. the cabling coming out of the psu may interfere. second, i'm not sure if both top fans will fit. my hsf may block one or the other.

thoughts? suggestions?

I am interested into hearing about your X3440, especially for its ability to go into 4.0GHz. Please post more;)

Just recently put this together for my Brother-in-law who served in Iraq/Afghanistan in the 82nd Airborne.

I know the fan is backwards in the first few shots, that was resolved after taking the pics.

I had the 82nd's logo laser etched into the side panel, which is not acrylic, so it didn't come out frosted.

build%2006.jpg

build%2007.jpg

build%2008.jpg

build%2009.jpg

build%2010.jpg

build%2011.jpg

build%2014.jpg

build%2016.jpg

Looks sic as hell, very nice!

Oh, and thx goes to the Bro-in-Law :)

I am interested into hearing about your X3440, especially for its ability to go into 4.0GHz. Please post more;)
as soon as i get the system built, i'll be sure to throw up some pics, as well as my results with the x3440. newegg sent me a 5750 instead of the 5770 i ordered and i've been waiting forever for the rma to get wrapped up. this little snafu has delayed the entire build by more than two weeks now.

as soon as i get the system built, i'll be sure to throw up some pics, as well as my results with the x3440. newegg sent me a 5750 instead of the 5770 i ordered and i've been waiting forever for the rma to get wrapped up. this little snafu has delayed the entire build by more than two weeks now.

Remember to post once you get it finished. :D

once the 690 II comes out, will we be starting a new thread or using this one? I love this case. It's my favorite cheap case.

Alright, does the 5870 fit in this case? I'm not exactly sure how long it'll stick into the case.

illidan, can you take shots with the pc on so I can see what the lights and everything look like through that smoked window. Probably the best cm690 I have ever seen.

thanks lillimon04.
that case i sold to my dear friend. here are some more pictures from worklog, sorry for quality, taken with mobile camera, and some better pictures here when he assembled it, on second page there are some night shots :) don't mind the text it's Serbian language, but pictures speek universal language :)

and some newest pictures

idemooo.JPG

1.JPG

Last edited:
first off, here's a link to a more detailed build thread which includes a lot more pics than i'm posting here.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1484311

second, here are the specs of the build.

intel xeon x3440
cooler master hyper 212+ hsf
gigabyte ga-p55-ud4p
4gb gskill ddr3 1600
xfx radeon hd 5770
seagate 7200.12 500gb hdd
sony optiarc dvd burner
coolermaster rc-690 case
corsair 650tx psu

swapped out all of the stock case fans for 1200rpm scythe slipstreams and i swapped out the fan on the 212+ for a scythe pwm.

and now for a few pics! (be sure to check the link in the beginning of my post if you care to see more.)

gotta include just one pic to, uhhh, show off my elite cable management skills. really wish i would've splurged on a modular psu. :p

and here's one last pic showing my ghetto fan mod in the 5.25 bays.

I just got this case today. Didn't know it had such a huge following. Great rigs all. Soon I'll take the paint to it and make something creative. Until then, here's some stock photos!

img0173ac.jpg

img0171c.jpg

And did you see some airflow improvment ?
Ohow did you fix the case ??? What's the black part,behind the PSU ???

Well, I thought I would add my build to this thread. So here it is.

DSC01852.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

{/QUOTE]
I am not a fan of OCZ, but damn that memcooler looks sexy in black. I may have to pick that up and paint it too.

Well done!

Last edited:
Is it possible to put one case fan 230 mm ,instead those 2 x 120 mm,on the side ?
Would that increase the airflow ?

i have that same OCZ cooler. Those small fans make a whining noise, so i just yanked it out. Cooling wise, it wasn't really needed.

Newegg has the new CM 690 II which looks pretty sweet. It looks like CoolerMaster took customer suggestions to heart to improve upon the original 690: Black interior, cutout behind CPU for heatsink brackets, more room behind mobo tray, larger cable holes, room for radiator on bottom, and dust filters on meshed areas. Plus they added an eSATA dock on top! Now i want to replace my 690 with a 690 II, but I don't think I can get the WAF to replace a perfectly good case ;)

CM 690 II onn Newegg

$99.99 and Free shipping with Promo Code: EMCYZNW22

Well, I thought I would add my build to this thread. So here it is.

DSC01852.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

{/QUOTE]
I am not a fan of OCZ, but damn that memcooler looks sexy in black. I may have to pick that up and paint it too.

Well done!

Thanks man!! Ya, I saw a guy that had his powder coated and thought that would be cool in my setup. I didn't want to spend the money on powder coating so I used a Engine enamel to paint the top. Also I had the hardest time finding that cooler because it's an older part. I had to get it from Memoryc.com which is overseas.

Do you guys find when routing the cables in the back, they might get pinched when you put the side panel on? I was worried about that so I cut a little groove for the cables to tuck inside and the structure of the motherboard tray was compromised. Now it's a little floppy

Do you guys find when routing the cables in the back, they might get pinched when you put the side panel on? I was worried about that so I cut a little groove for the cables to tuck inside and the structure of the motherboard tray was compromised. Now it's a little floppy

i did the same thing on mine and the mobo tray is fine, there is no issue as far as i am concerned.

right01.jpg

what kind of RAM do you have in there? are they 2 non matching pairs or do you just have the heat speader on one pair?

I'm trying to find install more memories but I can't find another set of mushkin pc6400

There is a lot of really nice work on the 690,s in this thread guys I have one 690 and also one Storm Sniper would,nt trade them for anything. Soon I plan on getting the HAX F

Wow, glad to see this thread still going strong. You CM 690 II guys are more than welcome to post pictures in here!

Its such a great case, kinda sad this thread is somewhat dead. The one on overclock.net is still going strong 1435 pages.

For those of you who have modular PSUs that have cables long enough to reach all the way around the back, what are you using ? My psu on my last build in this case needed an extender just to get to the top power plug on the mobo and even with that I couldn't run it behind the mobo tray. I'd like to avoid having to use extenders again if possible.

This thread has inspired me. I'm gonna work on my cable management tomorrow!

Back