Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

I just ordered my 690 last night :D

I CAN NOT! wait for it to get here!
I have to update form my case that i have now because it is just too small for my liking with water cooling coming up and the size of new video cards.
I plan on doing cable management holes and a side panel mod. And later on doing water cooling and mounting the radiator up top were the two 120 mm fans go.

Last edited:
Damn, Dukes. That makes me want to revamp my entire setup and pluck down some coin for a WC system powder coating.

Here's my clean rats nest:
Eu3A5.jpg

I left some of the wiring visible intentionally (or thats just what I tell myself). Might sleeve the bare fan wires.

Here's my rig. Thanks to all the guys on this thread who posted their pics. I got a lot of great ideas... If I were going to do it again, I would spend $150 - $200 and get the case professionally powdercoated. This was tons of fun...

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

F5.jpg

back.jpg

Just finished setting mine up (will post pics later), but one thing I've noticed is the bottom fan which draws air into the case from nuderneath is making a horrible rattling noise where it is seemingly catching against the dust filter.
Anyone else noticed this? Whats the best way to solve this, just remove the dust filter and screw the fan straight onto the case?

Just finished setting mine up (will post pics later), but one thing I've noticed is the bottom fan which draws air into the case from nuderneath is making a horrible rattling noise where it is seemingly catching against the dust filter.
Anyone else noticed this? Whats the best way to solve this, just remove the dust filter and screw the fan straight onto the case?

I had something similar. It turned out that the fan wasn't all that tight. Just tighten the screws to see if that solves it.

Having had a fiddle, it seems it is the fan itself which is the problem, it does it out of the dust filter too. With the fan just sat on the bottom not screwed down its silent, but as soon as I screw it down it starts to rattle so I don't know whether its a defective fan as it seems to be catching on whatever it's attached to

I just ordered one. Will post pics once the computer is together.
Whats Going Inside It:
i7 920
Evga X58 LE
Bfg 8800 GTX
6 GB OCZ XMP DDR 3 1600
Cooler Master 600W Moudlar Power Supply
Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Black

This case is so rad. I bought the 4-pack of 120mm coolermaster fans @ Fry's... Two up top, one in the bottom, and one jerry rigged in the front, and it's SUPER QUIET!

I just picked up the Cooler Master V8 to throw in my rig. You talk about a tight fit! Having cables run the way I do, did not make for an easy installation. Here are just a few pics...

pc01.png

pc02.png

pc03.png

I am strongly considering getting the inside totally powder coated a gloss black. Perhaps one day when I tear it down to clean it up completely.

Last edited:
After putting in the Cooler Master V8 Heatsink/Fan in last weekend, I decided that I was going to get the chasis painted all black. I've seen quite a few of them done on here, wether it be spray paint or powdercoating, and really liked the sleek look it gave when completed. A friend of mine will be using straight black automotive paint on it and giving it a light bake once completed.

The tear down was quick, but I had to pay very close attention to how things go back together. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will have the chasis back Friday evening and I can begin the reconstruction. I'm really looking forward to completing the project.

Here are a few pictures of the bare chasis. (the word "Black" appears an awful lot on the chasis... I didn't want any section missed when it goes into the booth)

dscn0479s.jpg

dscn0481o.jpg

dscn0482l.jpg

dscn0478.jpg

More pictures to follow once the rebuild begins.

Last edited:
i miss placed two thumb screws of my casing...can i buy them separately or they come with casing only...

What a nightmare. I took the case apart to have painted... and made a mistake to get it painted. The guy who did it used garbage paint and I found that out ONLY when I went to reassemble the case. Paint was flaking off left and right. So I called him up afterwards and he agreed to give me my $$$ back for it. I'll be using that money to get a black powdercoating job done. Pics to follow.

But a question to those of you in this thread that have had your case Powder Coated...

Did you get the case pannels powder coated as well? How durable is the finish? Does it rub/scratch when you put the pannels back on?

Last edited:
Powder Coating complete. I cannot be more happy with how this turned out... it's just as I imagined it! I forgot to give the powder coater the expansion slot pannels. So that'll have to wait till next week to get done.

Here is the case, all torn down.
dscn0484.png

The back of the torn down case.
dscn0485.png

All put together. Did the best I ever had wiring this case as well.
dscn0490.png

The business side of the wiring. Pretty much like anyone elses case.
dscn0486.png

Drive side of the case. Looks damn nice.
dscn0491.png

Another shot.
dscn0492.png

Last edited:
Thank you. The wiring took so long, but it's so worth it in the end of it all. One by one the components had their wires run, and it's really neat to see it finally completed.

Powder Coating complete. I cannot be more happy with how this turned out... it's just as I imagined it! I forgot to give the powder coater the expansion slot pannels. So that'll have to wait till next week to get done.

Here is the case, all torn down.

The back of the torn down case.

All put together. Did the best I ever had wiring this case as well.

The business side of the wiring. Pretty much like anyone elses case.

Drive side of the case. Looks damn nice.

Another shot.

Is it me or is your V8 crooked? Nice case btw!

Just finished putting together a build for a friend. Here is just one pic I grabbed with my cellphone. The cable management was great compared to the antec 300/900's I've worked with.

wv3atc.jpg

Specs:
Phenom II 720
4GB Ripjaw DDR3-1600
HD5770
Antec TP750
WD 640GB Black

If i put 2 fans on the bottom part of the case,will that increase the air-flow which is blowing straight to the graphic card ? I have now 1 x 120 mm ,on the bottom.

Very nice. Why don't you get one more case fan,down ?
I wanted to know if it a good idea to have 2,like in the picture above.
Thanks.

i just ordered the parts for a new build today.

i'm going to have:

Xeon X3440 CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ HSF
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
XFX Radeon HD 5770
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA HDD
Corsair 650TX 650 Watt PSU
Cooler Master 690 Case

does this sound like a good fan configuration for the CM 690? (in terms of airflow and balanced cfm)

Code:
intake:

front    - yate loon low speed 120mm 44.5cfm
bottom   - yate loon low speed 140mm 46.0cfm
side btm - yate loon low speed 140mm 46.0cfm 

exhaust:

rear     - yate loon low speed 120mm 44.5cfm
top frnt - yate loon low speed 140mm 46.0cfm
top rear - yate loon low speed 140mm 46.0cfm
there are two things i'm worried about. first, i don't know how well i'll be able to fit a fan in the bottom slot because i didn't buy a modular psu. the cabling coming out of the psu may interfere. second, i'm not sure if both top fans will fit. my hsf may block one or the other.

thoughts? suggestions?

Last edited:
sorry for the double post, but i just realized with that particular config i'm looking at static pressure. is that okay? or is it better to go slightly one way or the other? (negative or positive)

Last edited:
positive pressure in the case. this way, if you have filters, it helps keep dust from getting sucked in.

Back