Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

I just don't see what the big deal is about the HDD cage. The slots are exactly where the hard drives aren't, so even turned 90 degrees like in the above pic, as soon as you put drives in the cage, you're going to be blocking the airflow just as much anyway. If you need more airflow for your vid card, that's what the fan slot in the bottom in front of the psu is for (and in the side panel). To me, it seems like a heck of a lot of work for just a little bit more airflow, plus, the HDD cage is one of the reasons I like this case so much; it's just easier to get drives in and out with it facing the side like that...just my $.02

I'm thinkin' about removing the bottom part ,below the case fan,i mean just the "mash" or the gril holes.
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4421/cm690.jpg

That Be Quiet! PSU gave me a chuckle. How quiet is it, really?

Also, this seems to be one of the most popular cases for under $100 out there right now. When do you guys expect to see it replaced from Coolermaster's lineup? RC790 perhaps? I'm thinking of purchasing one, but if CM has something new around the corner, I'd like to see what it is...

Be Quiet! is a European brand. From the one SPCR review I've read, their PSUs are known to be very quiet.

CPU: i7 920
Mobo: Gigabyte UD4P
PSU: Vantec ION2+ 600W
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P
Ram: 6GB DDR3 1600 G Skill
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 260+
HDD's: 2 x 1TB Seagate + External 1TB
Case: Coolermaster RC690
Speakers: Creative T7900 7.1
O/S: Windows 7 RC 64bit
Monitors: 1 x 24" Dell 2405 – 1 x 26" Samsung LA26
Other Cooling: 8 x 120mm fans :p looks sweet at night

i74.jpg

i73.jpg

i72.jpg

i71.jpg

nice girls, dun have gf ? :D

can you post some temperaturepictures on load with closed case ?

I might swap out my 900 I've had for a few years to get a 690; would it be a nice jump?

I can't speak to the 900, but I love my 690...good size, great cooling, perfect layout...the biggest diff btw the 2 is probably the hdd cages. I like it pointing to the side instead of the front...

I can't speak to the 900, but I love my 690...good size, great cooling, perfect layout...the biggest diff btw the 2 is probably the hdd cages. I like it pointing to the side instead of the front...

Cable routing is atrocious if you don't do any dremmel work, which I did, but still is hard to work in.

I mean, the case is only $70 so either way you really can't go wrong, I'll most likely pick it up. :p

Can i put 1 x 140 mm case fan ,on the bottom ,next to the PSU ? Will it fit in ?

Can i put 1 x 140 mm case fan ,on the bottom ,next to the PSU ? Will it fit in ?

yup, 140mm fans fit in the bottom slot by the psu, the two top slots, and the two on the stock side panel. The only fan slots that don't take 140mm fans are the front (120mm), back (120mm) and right side behind the mobo (80x15mm)

hi, i replaced my old main machine (an aging p4 3.2) with an i7 920 build .... lovin it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these are the parts
case: COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP (duh!)
mobo: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
cpu: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz
ram: OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
video: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
psu: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
nic: Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10_ 100_ 1000Mbps PCI-Express Network Adapter
cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 CPU Cooler
hd: Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB
hd: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM
other: ICY DOCK MB877SK-B

couple of comments
- i wish the lower hole for cable management was longer .. the corsair 750tx is a bit long and covers partially the hole
- kind of difficult to hook up the fan on the side panel, due to the cable being short. had to connect the backplate fan into the cpu fan jack of the asus mb and the side panel fan to the chassis fan1 jack.
- i think i'd go for a modular psu for my next build, although i love the corsair 750tx for its single 12v rail
- used up all my sata mb connectors with hds and optical drive, so had to leave case esata port unplugged.
- love my intel gb nic
- its pretty quiet, but if i touch it i can feel the vibrations ... not sure exactly what's causing it
- gtx 260 is a beast ! it's really big, right from unpacking it felt huge.
- asus adi sound is not as good as realtek's

i'm very proud of my cable management results, considering my previous builds :D

now on to the pics
first the parts
then the rear "cable management" pic
finally two pics of the inner setup

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4198/partst.jpg
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3306/rearz.jpg
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1558/front1a.jpg
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9123/front2dqc.jpg

lboregard your cable management looks good if it helps any I took a 4" hole saw to the slot at the bottom of mobo and cut it out and run all my cables through it. Turned out real good. I have a coolermaster 850 which has a glutton of cables and xtra long cables to so I had to have that xtra room to hide them!

I replaced my Cooler Master Centurion 5 with a 690 last week. I love it. The cable management in the Centurion was a nightmare compared to this. I can't wait to mod it a bit. :D

Is there any simple way of changing the lights on the power/reset buttons?

I just swapped the connectors on the wires so that my power light is the red led and my HDD light is the blue led now.

Or did you want different colors altogether? I think they're just regular leds, which you could pickup at your local radio shack or online somewhere...

couple of comments
- kind of difficult to hook up the fan on the side panel, due to the cable being short. had to connect the backplate fan into the cpu fan jack of the asus mb and the side panel fan to the chassis fan1 jack.
- i think i'd go for a modular psu for my next build, although i love the corsair 750tx for its single 12v rail

I hear ya on the side panel fan cable, so I picked up one of these for $0.99 and sleeved it myself:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119146

It definitely makes taking the panel off easier, 'cause it gives you that extra little bit of cable that you need. Also, if you need to disconnect the fan, it gives you a connector that is a lot more convenient to get to than a mobo header...

As for the PSU, I have the Thermaltake W0106RU and love it. Modular cables definitely help the clutter

3520946654_f7769a4133_o.jpg

I was thinking of changing the colors altogether, was thinking of doing green power and white hdd light

I was thinking of changing the colors altogether, was thinking of doing green power and white hdd light

I think it'd be pretty easy to swap out the standard LEDs with whatever color you like. You'll have to be able to solder the new LED leads to the old wires. The stock LEDs are just regular shaped LEDs (5mm?) with the leads bent to fit through the mounting bracket. The bracket and the LEDs themselves are quite easily removed...

Any suggestions on lighting for the front bottom of the case....imo its to damn dim..

Here is my cm 690:

dsc02525mjv.jpg

dsc02526c.jpg

More pictures here:
http://img269.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc02525y.jpg

This was the best I could do with cable management with my PSU

I have had it for about two months and it is amazing. I am still contemplating on whether to buy the optional side panel or not.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.1
G. Skill DDR2 @ 1066
GIgabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Sapphire HD 4890 1GB
Rosewill 600W PSU
CM 690 case
Hitachi 500GB SATA HDD
Generic DVD/CD-RW
Acer 22" @ 1680x1050
Windows 7 RC 32-bit

This was the best I could do with cable management with my PSU

I have had it for about two months and it is amazing. I am still contemplating on whether to buy the optional side panel or not.

Optional side panel? What is that? I have the same case and think its great!

You mean this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999177

I have it:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/3146501604_e9a9156384_o.jpg
The mesh on the fan is definitely better than the holes on the stock panel, plus the window is nice too.

Is the fan silent compared to the stock side panel

I never ran the fan on the stock panel, but I have heard about a buzzing with the stock panel that this one doesn't have. I have it hooked up to a fan controller, but I leave it turned all the way up most of the time and I don't notice it. I hear my vid card fan more than anything else in my system.

Here is my cm 690:

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.1
G. Skill DDR2 @ 1066
GIgabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Sapphire HD 4890 1GB
Rosewill 600W PSU
CM 690 case
Hitachi 500GB SATA HDD
Generic DVD/CD-RW
Acer 22" @ 1680x1050
Windows 7 RC 32-bit

Just a heads up.... for dual channel memory config with 2 memory sticks put both sticks in the yellow slots:)

any suggestions on what kinda paint to use to paint cases? does the stuff for cars work good?

Back