Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

I upgraded my mobo from an Abit IB7 P35 to an Asus P5Q Pro P45...well worth the $70 from Newegg for the open box version. While I was at it, I spent some time on cable management and remove some older items I don't use anymore. Now I'm all SATA, my computer is completely IDE and Molex free!

Waseem, you just need to spend some time routing your cables so that they are out of the way and as neat as you can get them. Plastic cable ties are your best friend. Here is what my computer looks like after I worked on cleaning up my cables:
3520946654_f7769a4133_o.jpg

What do you think,guys... can i fit the cpu cooler Noctua nh-u12p ,into my Cooler Master 690 ?

What do you think,guys... can i fit the cpu cooler Noctua nh-u12p ,into my Cooler Master 690 ?

medire, it should definitely fit. According to the specs, my Xigmatek HDT-S1283 is 159 mm high and the Noctua NH-U12P is 158 mm. The only conflict that you might run into is putting a fan in the top slot of the stock side panel. I use the windowed panel (newegg) so I don't have that issue.

Thanks a lot,guys.
My last "problem" now is the front panel.
I tried again to remove the front panel today,but i can't.I'm affraid i'll break it.
Is there a "trick" ? Do you know a link about how to do that? (pictures or videoclip)
I just wanna change the front fan case,and to clean the fan filter,but without removing the front panel,it's impossible.

medire,
i found the best way is to just turn the case so the front is up and pull up on the bottom of the front panel. I know it feels like you are going to break it, but trust me, you won't. I think there are 6 "posts" that attach the front panel to the case. After you've done it once, it gets easier.

I removed the front panel. Geeeez. I thought i'll break it.:)
I removed the filter ( just the filter ) from the front fan case,for a better airflow (intake)
My harddrive was in idle all the time at 39-40 C...now is 31-33C.
Now i will have to clean it maybe every 2 months,it's a lot of dust i think,after 2-3 months.
Thanks a lot,guys. I hope ,next time when i have to remove the frontal panel,it easier.

actually I found the front to come off Way to easy after a few removals. Now I use case fan screws into the posts to make is semi Lock in place. Works great

actually I found the front to come off Way to easy after a few removals. Now I use case fan screws into the posts to make is semi Lock in place. Works great

Can you go into more detail, I also find the front to come off too easily after a few removals

What do you guys think the best power supply to use for this case is in terms of wire length and the modular connectors leaving room for the bottom fan to be installed ? The PSU I am using right now sucks for both of those.

What do you guys think the best power supply to use for this case is in terms of wire length and the modular connectors leaving room for the bottom fan to be installed ? The PSU I am using right now sucks for both of those.

I don't know what you're using now or what your power requirements are, but my Thermaltake Toughpower W0106RU 700W works well in the case. I only had to get an extension for the 8-pin power cable.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198006

I have one "stupid" question about this case : Is it possible to get one more case fan in the front ,to have actually 2 x 120 mmm ? for intake?
I have on the front side my DVD RW and the Zalman Fan Controller ZM-MFC1PLUS.

yeah, take a look back through this forum. there have quite a few guys who have used either the bottom fan filter mount in the drive bays or modded the metal drive bay covers to mount a fan there.

Hey guys so here is the setup I am ordering by the end of this week

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15624227

I have never seen the 690 in real life so I have no idea how many additional fans I need etc.

I am assuming this is a pretty safe fan to go with

http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120x120x20mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12C-Low-Speed-pr-3825.html

How many additional fans do I need?

What locations and directions should they be facing?

Is the 80mm fan in the back worthit?

Thanks for any advice guys.

CPU: i7 920
Mobo: Gigabyte UD4P
PSU: Vantec ION2+ 600W
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P
Ram: 6GB DDR3 1600 G Skill
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 260+
HDD's: 2 x 1TB Seagate + External 1TB
Case: Coolermaster RC690
Speakers: Creative T7900 7.1
O/S: Windows 7 RC 64bit
Monitors: 1 x 24" Dell 2405 – 1 x 26" Samsung LA26
Other Cooling: 8 x 120mm fans :p looks sweet at night

i74.jpg

i73.jpg

i72.jpg

i71.jpg

Here's rev2 of my CM690 :)
6.jpg
Gotta say sick set up dude it's really nice. I'll be doing a build with a 690 soon and if it can look 1/2 as good as that I'll be happy.

With that being said: How long did it take you to sleeve the ATX power cable? They look individually sleeved, great effect but must have taken some time.

Did some owners of Cooler Master 690 CM attached an 230 mm case fan on side ?
I'm just curios.Thanks.

Can i attach an 80 mm fan,on the side case,where the slot is right behind to the CPU ?
I wonder if that's possible.

I understand that people would want to cool their cpu's by watercooling but why not also cool their GPU? The video card is one of the hottest components in your case, cooling that down also would give you better results and overall cooler components!

Don't forget the GPU folks!

I understand that people would want to cool their cpu's by watercooling but why not also cool their GPU? The video card is one of the hottest components in your case, cooling that down also would give you better results and overall cooler components!

Don't forget the GPU folks!

I agree. I use air cooling, but if I ever did start using water, I'd definitely include the gpu in the loop. just makes sense...

I changed my graphics card at GTX 275. I'm waiting for fullcover water block for ;)

Hi guys. Please tell me if it's possible to remove the upper side of the case,i wanna put one 1200 mm case fan up,but i can't fix the screws from the inside.

yeah, there are 6 tabs along the inside top and two in the back. it's kinda tough to do, but just start at one end pushing them in and up and you will eventually be able to pop off the top.
3602701043_94ebc8752b_o.jpg

Ok,thanks a lot. What about the cables ( USB / ESATA / AUDIO ) ?
And one more question,please : should i put it as intake or exhaust ?

white_dove,
the cables should just pull through the opening in the top of the case if they're not connected to anything.
if you have them connected to the motherboard, the top will only go as far as how much slack you have in the cables...
which slot are you putting the fan, the front or the back? I have one in the front as an intake and none in the back slot for now, it seems to work well...

Any ideas how to modify the harddrive cage ?
The airflow /frontal intake it's useless 70 % .

I just don't see what the big deal is about the HDD cage. The slots are exactly where the hard drives aren't, so even turned 90 degrees like in the above pic, as soon as you put drives in the cage, you're going to be blocking the airflow just as much anyway. If you need more airflow for your vid card, that's what the fan slot in the bottom in front of the psu is for (and in the side panel). To me, it seems like a heck of a lot of work for just a little bit more airflow, plus, the HDD cage is one of the reasons I like this case so much; it's just easier to get drives in and out with it facing the side like that...just my $.02

That Be Quiet! PSU gave me a chuckle. How quiet is it, really?

Also, this seems to be one of the most popular cases for under $100 out there right now. When do you guys expect to see it replaced from Coolermaster's lineup? RC790 perhaps? I'm thinking of purchasing one, but if CM has something new around the corner, I'd like to see what it is...

Back