Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

You guys are really making me want to paint the inside of my 690, but I don't want to be down while I wait for it to dry. I should've moved my old parts over to the spare case I sold them in and used that while I did the 690, but I was in too big a hurry to use my new parts. Once I'm happy with my setup I'll have to get some pics too.

FYI, the Antec TPQ-850 covers about half of the cable hole. You can still fit quite a few cables through there, but they have to bend sharply and you do lose some space. It also comes up to the bottom fan mount, and the modular plugs extend into that fan area.

Isn't this the opposite? Positive pressure means more CFM from intake fans coming in than CFM from exhaust fans going out...hence positive pressure = more dust + dog hair not less...

With positive pressure, all your incoming air is through the intake fans, and any small holes or cracks in the case will have air blowing out (as opposed to sucking in). If you put filters on all your intake fans, then no unfiltered air will be coming into the case. With a negative pressure system, the exhaust fans suck air out, meaning air will get pulled into the case from any available opening, which is essentially impossible to filter.

The option itself doesn't really affect dust one way or another (as both methods are pumping air through your case). Positive pressure just makes it possible to easily filter all your incoming air.

yeah, the black does look great, much better than the original metal color. you did sand it before you painted it, correct?

What is this sanding you speak of?

No seriously, I did not sand it nor prime it. It's decent quality all things considering. When I paint the side panels I will definitely sand/primer them.

DSC04641.jpg

What bay device is that in the top bay?

hey guys... was searching for stuff on my case... little did I know that there was an entire thread in a community dedicated to this bad ass PC case!

So, a little bit about my pride and joy.

Originally built Dec. 27, 2007 as I got a ton of gift certificates from NewEgg.com for Christmas. A friend had recommended a Cooler Master case... as he felt that they were generally some of the best for your money. So in doing some research, I knew I wanted to have some side mounted HDD bays for easier access... and then I stumbled on the RC-690. Since i've purchased this case, I have shown it to a few friends, who are all now owners of this great case. One of my favorite features of this case is the tooless design of it... what a great feature.

So here is what is now in the case.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 overclocked to 3.60GHz
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Heatsink/Fan
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Motherboard
8GB (4 x 2GB) G.Skill PC2-6400 DDR2 800 (5-5-5-15 timing) overclocked to 960Mhz
BFG Tech nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 OC
Antec NeoPower 650w Blue Modular Power Supply
(2) Western Digital Caviar 160GB 7200RPM/16MB Cache SATA HDD
Plextor IDE CD/DVD Burner
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit OS

Now, the more important things... the pictures.

I decided to place all my case badges on the left side of the case going down... no real reason...
RC-69001.jpg

Nothing too flashy right here.. just the motherboard and the power supply...
RC-69002.jpg

The 1st interior shot... I spent alot of time making sure that the cable management was not only neat, but easy to access everything I needed to...
RC-69003.jpg

As you can see, just below the video card, I had to cut a small rectangular hole into the back portion of the case to allow the 2 PCI-E cables through...
RC-69004.jpg

My beast of a video card... this is the reason that I had to notch a hole into my case... my previous card (9800GT) fit perfectly... but this card, I had to remove one of the cable management ties to give the card clearance...
RC-69005.jpg

Just another view... nothing serious really...
RC-69006.jpg

One more top down view... looking at this picture here, I now see how much room their really is in this case... makes it an absolute dream.
RC-69007.jpg

Isn't this the opposite? Positive pressure means more CFM from intake fans coming in than CFM from exhaust fans going out...hence positive pressure = more dust + dog hair not less...

Also, hot air expands and rises, so you would probably have better air flow, and a cooler case if you reversed the two top fans to their appropriate position as exhausts, not to mention less dog hair and dust in the case.

You could try turning just the top rear fan into an exhaust, since you have a single fan on your CPU, then cool air could come in from the top front fan, and cool air from the bottom, and then exhausted out the top rear and rear exhaust fans.

Just a thought...Sexy looking case though :D

With positive pressure, all your incoming air is through the intake fans, and any small holes or cracks in the case will have air blowing out (as opposed to sucking in). If you put filters on all your intake fans, then no unfiltered air will be coming into the case. With a negative pressure system, the exhaust fans suck air out, meaning air will get pulled into the case from any available opening, which is essentially impossible to filter.

The option itself doesn't really affect dust one way or another (as both methods are pumping air through your case). Positive pressure just makes it possible to easily filter all your incoming air.

This was more what I was thinking. The small holes on the top of the case filter the dog hair well enough (but not so much dust) and are up off the floor, so the air coming in through the fans is cleaner than air that would come through any other hole in the case if I had negative pressure. I have thought about swapping the back fan, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm just worried that the two top fans will short circuit each other if they run in opposite directions. If I do end up switching the back top fan, I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the compliment memnoch. :)

I'm back again guys... and after reading through all the posts in this thread, I saw the side pannel with the window for the CM690... so I ordered one, with a few blue led 120mm fans... and by adding those fans, my case got alot louder! So I also purchased a fan controller.

Here are the pics...

RC-69008.jpg

RC-69009.jpg

RC-69010.jpg

RC-69011.jpg

RC-69012.jpg

To ^^^^
Great build man, hows your temp's ?
BTW how do you mount that nracket for the computer holder on the desk.

thanks! Temps are fairly low, high 20's to low 30's *C case temps under load. GPU and CPU never get above low 60's after hours of gaming or benchmarking.

That bracket is from ikea, i forget the name of it. I had to drill a coouple of bolt holes the change the intended mount just a bit, but no big deal. Seems to work good and keeps it off the carpet so the bottom mounted fans will still get air.

ordered my 690 today. should be here monday. look forward to modding it and cleaning the cabling up

CM690 + Corsair hx620 otw. Finally moving away from this pos ultra case + dead enhance psu :(

mine PC is finally done... and I mean DONE! I can't think of anything else I would like to add to it, or upgrade at this time. And I hope I have that attitude for a year or 2.

I hate that I found this site... and this thread in particular! You guys made me want to totally redo my entire PC on the inside!

BUT!

You guys do some absolutely amazing work, and should be very proud of your work... it's awesome to see the time and effort you all put into your machines. It's really impressive.

here are the final specs.

Case : Cooler Master RC-690 w/ RA-690 Windowed Side Panel
Motherboard : Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 overclocked to 3.2GHz / 1600Mhz FSB
Heatsink/Fan : Cooler Master Hyper TX 2
Video Card : EVGA e-GeForce GTX 260 Core 216
Memory : G.Skill PC2-6400 DDR2-800 (8GB / 4 x 2GB)
Hard Drives : Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 10,000rpm 16MB Cache SATA (Windows VIsta Home Premium drive)
Western Digital Caviar 160GB 7,200rpm 8MB Cache SATA (mp3 and various file drive)
Seagate Free Agent Xtreme 1TB 7,200rpm eSATA External (Blu-Ray movie drive)
CD/DVD Drive : HP dvd1170 LightScribe DVD Burner
Fan Controller : Thermaltake Xcontroller
PSU : Antec Neo Power 650w Blue Modular
5 120mm Blue LED Case Fans
1 120MM Cooler Master Case Fan

69001-1.jpg

69003.jpg

69007.jpg

69004.jpg

69006.jpg

69008.jpg

69011.jpg

69014.jpg

69021.jpg

69020.jpg

69015.jpg

69017.jpg

69016.jpg

69022.jpg

already did. nothing is inspiring. and no offense to any one but most of the cable management is mediocre

already did. nothing is inspiring. and no offense to any one but most of the cable management is mediocre

Welp sell the case and the parts then..... time to move onto something else. :rolleyes:

The whole point is to have flavors of mods not holistic copy cats. We will anxiously be awaiting your cable management too to see if it's beyond mediocre.

I know my cable management isn't anything spectacular... but I know it's solid...

i wasn't trying to flame anyone i was just simply saying i dont think its that good.

I want to sleeve the PSU atx cable but that would take so long

I want to sleeve the PSU atx cable but that would take so long
Most people have that feeling, but some still sleeve cables :p. I know it doesn't increase performance, but I'll be sleeving most cables, including part of the ATX cable(probably 24 individual rather than fewer thick cables).

freaksavior, that's a nice sleeve job from what I can see. I like it. Good job, that's pretty clean.

2 ?'s. 1st: You used 1/8" sleeving for each wire, correct?
2nd: Please explain that fan on your PSU. 2 fans right next to each other rarely do much good.

freaksavior, that's a nice sleeve job from what I can see. I like it. Good job, that's pretty clean.

2 ?'s. 1st: You used 1/8" sleeving for each wire, correct?
2nd: Please explain that fan on your PSU. 2 fans right next to each other rarely do much good.

yes 1/8th sleeving and there is a fan on the psu because the psu fan doesn't work when i have the psu sitting up like that. i dont feel like taking the psu apart or rma'ing it. it works :p

yes 1/8th sleeving and there is a fan on the psu because the psu fan doesn't work when i have the psu sitting up like that. i dont feel like taking the psu apart or rma'ing it. it works :p
I hear ya. I wouldn't just have someone take apart a PSU or CRT monitor w/o knowing what they're doing and taking precautions plus being patient/careful.

I'd replace my PSU's fan if need be, but I'm lucky it's good, because I'd rather not dig around in a PSU. ---> zap :eek:

Here are few pictures of my rig with some new items - QX9650, CM V8, GTX 295 and my old 8800GT as physx

105470d1239714265-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030698.jpg

105471d1239714265-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030699.jpg

105472d1239714265-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030700.jpg

105473d1239714265-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030701.jpg

105474d1239714265-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030702.jpg

105475d1239714400-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030706.jpg

105476d1239714400-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030709.jpg

105476d1239714400-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030709.jpg

105478d1239714400-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030711.jpg

105479d1239714400-official-cooler-master-690-club-p1030712.jpg

Ok, joining the CM 690 ranks here. I have a P5Q-Pro with a Q9650 and the HDT-S1283V going in it. I have a REALLY BIG QUESTION now guys...:

I've seen several people here that paint the insides of their 690s and I'd really like to do a nice black to go along with the top part of the chassis. Here's my Q(s):

1) What 'type' of black is that? Matte, semi-gloss, etc..??
2) When painting, should I sand/scuff first? If so, what grit should I start with?
3) Rather than sanding/scuffing, could I use self-etching or epoxy primers, let it dry, and then just spray over?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

I'd personally take it apart and bring it to a local powder coater instead. That's what I'm planning to do with my ATCS 840.

i recently had mine sprayed by a neighbor.
He used a Grey primer/mixed with thinners and the left for 2 hrs and the a gloss black/mixed with thinners.

I then left it 24hrs and has came out a treat.

Did some of you guys have to cut the honeycomb grill in the front or is that removable? My case arrives tomorrow and was curious as I'm not a big fan of it.

Did some of you guys have to cut the honeycomb grill in the front or is that removable? My case arrives tomorrow and was curious as I'm not a big fan of it.

I wasn't a fan of it either, but it only took about 15 min with a dremel to cut out the honeycomb in the front and on top.

3145668323_9264e4f5ea.jpg

3145668425_7070a57db1.jpg

Back