Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

You shouldn't need more than the Dremel, although the flex shaft might be handy for this. I'd recommend the cut-off wheels for the main cuts and AlOx grinding stones for smoothing/finishing it off

no prob, try these dremel and saw attachment prices aren't to bad either:)

It seems that getting all these tools will cost me more than what I paid for my CM 690.:D:D

Perhaps I am just better of without cutting the hole and just save money to purchase a bigger case.:)

It seems that getting all these tools will cost me more than what I paid for my CM 690.:D:D

Perhaps I am just better of without cutting the hole and just save money to purchase a bigger case.:)
where's the fun in that...

Can't be [H]ard without a dremel ;)

a dremel is a REALLY good investment. Get one and you'll find yourself using it quite a bit. :)

If you have a metal cutting saw blade laying around, you can do what I did (when my dremel locked up :( ) and use good old fashioned elbow grease. I sanded the edge down manually afterward and used some of the electric tape I get for free from 3M to make a grommet.

The Dremel should come with one of the grinding stones and a 10 pack of the cut-off wheels. That and a steady hand are all you really need for what you want to do. Also...

a dremel is a REALLY good investment. Get one and you'll find yourself using it quite a bit.
QFT

You guys seemed to convince me to get a DREMEL and cut the hole in my CM 690:)... I will be heading over to Home-Depot and see if they have a DREMEL that I am looking for. My budget would be $30, half of what I paid for my CM 690..:)

So, a DREMEL is all that I need right???

That and the 18-pack of hole saws you can get at harbor freight for $6. :D

I just grabbed one of these suckers for my new build! I'll take some pictures when it gets here.

dscf4277uy0.jpg

dscf4275ru6.jpg

Nice job with the cabling, Nightcast.

My modular doesn't look that nice.

Thanks, I'm sure i could do better I just don't feel like taking it all apart again.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ would like to know if anybody has tried using a XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 in this case?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥;1032472338 said:
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 in this case?
No prob, I know many people with it in the 690, just can't have the side cover fan that is next to/on top of the CPU installed, but ofc the lower side cover fan is fine.

has anyone dealt with cooler master support before?... when i got my case it was missing 3 of those rubber mounting for the HDD (and yes my rig has 5 hdds but since the missing rubber things i cant really put mount it)

would contacting cooler master get me anywhere in getting those missing pieces?... i tried to take it back to store i got it from but they said to take it up with cooler master... -_-

and has any one put in the nxp-305 fan controller flushed? i either have it recessed or excessively sticking out.. :(

I think I have looked at every page of this Thread many times over,.. and now thanks to guys and your beautiful rigs i am ordering mine today,... this case is just to freakin awsome to not have:D,.. I will post pics upon its arival.:cool:

I can't believe I looked at this entire thread. As if I don't have enough household/computer projects, now I have to add a black modded CM690.....Thx alot.....thx alot

Wow. I went through this entire thread too. This case looks amazing especially with all these mods. I think I'm going to end up getting this case over the Cosmos S. I have a few questions for you 690 owners.

1. I'm shipping my computer across the country in a few months. Is the 690 pretty well built in that it would be able to handle the trip assuming it's well packaged?

2. How is the cooling in this case?

3. I see that someone was able to fit the GX2 into this case. Will it be able to handle the next generation of video cards? I won't be doing SLI.

Got my Hyper Z600. It's "passive" and my cpu runs 31 idle 45 stressed :D

Awesome setup there.

I have this case waiting to go for when I have the money for my new rig... that should be in 2 weeks. I'll be sure to post pics when its done!

How hard was it to paint the inside black, and what paint did you use?

use the search feature for the answers on painting your case. There's a neato tutorial on it in the cases section.

hey I am thinking of getting one of these cases.Does anyone that owns this cazse have an 9800gtx or 9800gx2 inside and do you have pics?

hey I am thinking of getting one of these cases.Does anyone that owns this cazse have an 9800gtx or 9800gx2 inside and do you have pics?
read over this page there is someone with a gx2 in there.

Simpleness what fan controller is that?

I just ordered the RC690 for a new computer I am building, but have some questions regarding fans for this case.

I would like to be moving a good amount of air while keeping the noise level at a somewhat reasonable level since I am not ready to purchase a fan controller just yet.

I plan on going with Yate Loons from Petra's Tech Shop, but am uncertain which model of fans to get. Will be ordering 4x140mm and 4x120mm since they have deals in quantities of 4. These will be replacing the RC690 stock fans and filling out the additional fan locations.

For the 140mm the choices are:

140mm Yate Loon D14SL-12 (46.9 CFM, 25 dBA) >>> 4 / $23.96
140mm Yate Loon D14SM-12 (62 CFM, 29 dBA) >>> 4 / $23.96

For the 120mm the choices are:

120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 (47 CFM, 28 dBA) >>> 4 / $15.96
120mm Yate Loon D12SM-12 (70.5 CFM, 33 dBA) >>> 4 / $19.96
120mm Yate Loon D12SH-12 (88 CFM, 40 dBA) >>> 4 / $19.96

I know that everyone's hearing is different, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I myself am trying to decide on some fans for my RC690... anyone have any ideas for what I should buy? I'd like to get a few LED fans... preferably green. I also don't want it to be too loud, the closer to silent the better.

How is the noise on this case with stock fans? I heard it's pretty loud because of the mesh

I have the yate loon high speeds, and they are 'quite'. From Antec tri-cools to yates, it's a night/day noticeable difference.

Yate Loons also come in LED colors and petrastechshop.com carries them on special right now.. 4/$23ish.

Back