Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

Why do you hate your 680i stain.? I have the same board(the SE version) and it runs great and i am glad to see someone running a Quad on it.

Thanks for the input stain. I was looking at either the Yates or some Zalmans but you can't go wrong for 23 bucks for 4.

Stock fans are 1200rpm jobs, very quiet to me. The 2400rpm Yates I replaced them with are loud on full.

Just got my 4x140mm and 4x120mm Yate Loons yesterday, but haven't had a chance to install them yet.

I will be putting fans in all stock locations, except for the top-left of the side panel as a fan there would hit the S1283 and don't have a small enough fan for the spot on back of motherboard tray. Also unable to add a second front fan in the drive bay area.

I have my Xigmatek S1283 exhausting towards the top of the case as it will only mount with fan exhausting towards the top or bottom because of the DFI DK P35-T2RS motherboard heatsinks.

Regarding that, any recommendations for which fans should be intake/exhaust?

Why do you hate your 680i stain.? I have the same board(the SE version) and it runs great and i am glad to see someone running a Quad on it.

it's fried several sticks of memory, umm.. 2 dead fan ports, umm.. vdroop is pretty unsubstantial. There are more reasons why. oh, it will not post with all 4 dimms filled with RAM. It overclocks alright, but heat was a factor when I started pushing 3.6ghz on my e6600. I've gone thru 3 or 4 680i mobo's and about 6 kits of ram. As soon as I get a laptop, I'm going to break down and get an asus p35 board.

i built this early spring. the pictures were right before i came home from school.

JeffsComp012.jpg

JeffsComp001.jpg

JeffsComp002.jpg

JeffsComp003.jpg

JeffsComp004.jpg

JeffsComp005.jpg

JeffsComp006.jpg

JeffsComp013.jpg

Hey does anyone know if the 590 front bezel can be swapped onto the 690 chassis? Because aren't they the same structure.

Nice DorkKnight27. I notice in one of your pics you have the periodic table on your wall. Are you shooting for a science degree? :D

engineering physics with a concentration in plasma and surface sciences

the poster was free and i am the last person in the world that would turn down free stuff

Nice! The furthest I went with physics was physical chemistry... as for engineering, well I took Diff EQ... Didnt like the professor all too much.

I recieved a BS in Chemistry a little over a year ago. Gotta love the sciences.

Here's mine. It's currently down right now while it's waiting for a new PSU which will come by saturday hopefully. I will post more as I get everything back up again. :)

Mine came yesterday, gotta love less than 2 day shipping, wow. I took it out of the box for a bit of a gander for a few but it's back until I have the materials to paint the insides black.

it's fried several sticks of memory, umm.. 2 dead fan ports, umm.. vdroop is pretty unsubstantial. There are more reasons why. oh, it will not post with all 4 dimms filled with RAM. It overclocks alright, but heat was a factor when I started pushing 3.6ghz on my e6600. I've gone thru 3 or 4 680i mobo's and about 6 kits of ram. As soon as I get a laptop, I'm going to break down and get an asus p35 board.

That sucks, i have one dead fan port on mines. But i still runs fine with my non OCed E4400.

I like how you did yours , is it a flat black? I did mine with the whole black UV Package...This is the most recent fan set up but i'm happy with the 120" scythe 110.31 CFM SlipStream fan on my cpu , with a 80" x 15" Hiper fan on the back of my tray wall. It droped my temps. almost 10 degrees.Heres some before and after pics.

dsc01024ju5.jpg

By sherbanater, shot with DSC-P73 at 2008-02-16

dsc01034dy6.jpg

By sherbanater, shot with DSC-P73 at 2008-02-17

dsc01019tt6.jpg

By sherbanater, shot with DSC-P73 at 2008-02-16

before.....With a 92" UV crap fan... LOOKS SWEET!!!

dsc01210ph8.jpg

By sherbanater, shot with DSC-P73 at 2008-06-16

After...With the ninja power of Scythe...not as much glow but mad more flow....

dsc01439dx3.jpg

By sherbanater, shot with DSC-P73 at 2008-06-19

dsc01434ck1.jpg

And the whole package...

dsc01436ta6.jpg

dsc01425ci2.jpg

sherbanater, those blue leds in the front of your case a fan controller? what model?

you definitely optimized the window usage with all those bright blue fans inside.

its the sunbeam Rheobus 20W Fan Controller...controls all nine of my fans with splitters and with them all wide open there still not too loud

dsc01066se7.jpg

By sherbanater, shot with DSC-P73 at 2008-02-27

Btw, right now I'm only using 2 of the stock CM fans, the blue LED one up front and a rear one, so the airflow is almost 100% equal coming in as going out. My rig stays very cool(besides the somewhat hot mobo northbridge heatsink), someday I might change/add a fan or 2. I'll find a use for the 3rd 120mm CM fan :D

Nice, the black interior really makes a difference.
Thank you, I knew it would, after seeing a number of peoples cases w/ the inside black I felt compelled to get mine from grey to black. Quote from a batman movie: "Does it come in black" :cool:
I like how you did yours , is it a flat black? I did mine with the whole black UV Package.
Yep, I believe I used flat black(I was only gonna use FLAT or MATTE). You can all notice how my side panels appear to have a bit of a wavyness to them, I suppose that would be the (black) primer I sprayed on them before painting them, so I decided not to use any primer on the rest of the case :D(I used alot of primer on the side covers, that won't happen again, well I just wont use primer on a PC case @ all again). I basically just did a single coat and gave everything @ least 30 minutes to dry before doing anything. Example: Let the side panels sit 30+ minutes to dry before painting.

Those grey pci slot covers stand out too much, when I get a chance I am definitely painting those black(on the outside/back side), and of course I'm using 2 screws for my 88GTS, I trust 2 metal screws way more than some plastic.

Yeah. Sorry about that haha. The camera is pretty old and can't really adjust any of the settings. With flash it's like how the pics are and without it's pretty much dark. Not that much lighting in my room to take a good one with the flash off.

One week and my rig will be finished... already did some modding to my 690 to fit my Corsair tx750. Ill post pics when its done :)

I'm not sen, but I'm damn sure a good 700watt, or even "just" a 600watt PSU would be fine for a pair of 88GT's. (Most people think you need 800+ watts just for SLI, but amperage is very important also).

Edit: Amperage is a big thing, be sure to check that, good to have @ least 36A combined on the 12V rails. That's what the new GTX260 or 280 asks for anyways, and it's almost SLI'd 88's.

That PSU has 4 12v rails which are 19 amps each.
I'm such a noob when it comes to PSU's.

Has anyone checked out the new nVidia version?

That nVidia version is kinda cool. I like the colored window as well as the NV insignia on the front of the case, but the neon green instead of the chrome all along the case is not really appealing to me. Wonder if they will sell the side panel with the colored plexi seperately.

i have no problem with the psu and the 2 8800gt They just excellent at playing games.

Planning to change all the fans to the new coolermaster Long Life LED Fan 120mm (R4-L2R-20AC-GP)

Will post new pics once i get them

i have no problem with the psu and the 2 8800gt They just excellent at playing games.

Planning to change all the fans to the new coolermaster Long Life LED Fan 120mm (R4-L2R-20AC-GP)

Will post new pics once i get them
Where are you buying them?

i have the same case...can anyone please tell me which will be the best possible place to place the UV rod? i have few lying around but i don't know where to fit in the case :rolleyes:

i have the same case...can anyone please tell me which will be the best possible place to place the UV rod? i have few lying around but i don't know where to fit in the case :rolleyes:

UV rod, as in like a cathode?
I just finished getting mine ready for my mobo and vid card that come this Wednesday. I have two fans in the top and I bought two 4" cathodes, put both of them right in front of the fans between the fan and the side panel. I think it will look the best there. I will post pics when it is finished :D

I just realized I should probably add that the fans on top of my case are 120 mm fans and not 140 mm fans, thus why I have enough room to place cathodes up there ;)

UV rod, as in like a cathode?
I just finished getting mine ready for my mobo and vid card that come this Wednesday. I have two fans in the top and I bought two 4" cathodes, put both of them right in front of the fans between the fan and the side panel. I think it will look the best there. I will post pics when it is finished :D

yup cathode....when you are done please post some pictures :)....so i can get the idea.

Back