Cooler Master Elite 120 MiniITX case

Just purchased one on newegg today before they disappeared, can't wait to see it in person and figure out what is going inside of it :D

Just found this case again. I REALLY like the front of this case. Industrial design divinity.

Cooler Master should make a small micro ATX case with better cooling in the same design and we would have a better world :)

Finally saw one of these at a local store. It actually looks pretty nice in person. It's a shame though that there's only one USB3.0 port on the front and the cable connected to it does use up the entire USB3.0 header just for the one port.

Also, they should have made the drive cage removable instead of riveting it to the case.

Yeah the case is awesome imo, I did a custom loop watercooled build with it, log here.

They had all the room for a removable HDD bay and the ODD bay already has support brackets so without the HDD bay there is plenty stability in the ODD bay area.

Eitherway it'd be easy enough to drill the rivets and add your own nuts/bolts, people are doing that with the Bitfenix Prodigy and the PSU/mobo bracket.

The USB 3.0 header part kind upset me but after thinking about it, I only ever have used one USB 3.0 port at once and it's rare when I do, I'm using eSATA more than anything else, and the hotswap bays I put in the front of the case.

As this is probably going to be my nex case (after a SG05) i'll post some pictures I found:

mannyfc water cooled 240 rad . Source

b6510b45_20120830_042951.jpeg

a25ce269_20120909_183221.jpeg

f44ed5dd_20120909_183355.jpeg

mobius9 sg05 comparisonSource

photobucket-14339-1347785485968.jpg

photobucket-34309-1347785504651.jpg

As this is probably going to be my nex case (after a SG05) i'll post some pictures I found:

mannyfc water cooled 240 rad . Source

snip

EW! his radiator and psu both stick way out of the case and he cant put the cover back on. he has fan filters but the case is completely open to dust anyway. he has slim fans trying to pull through a thick rad along with filters so his temps probably arent even that great. and then he says "could be smaller" lol. terrible use of space and bad-looking rig IMO. the case is great, but im not a fan of what he did with it. :/

Would it be possible to use a sfx psu in this one?
I have a Silverstone Sugo SG05 today and would like to reuse the psu and fans. ;)
Btw. How hot does this baby get?
I read some reviews stating that they got cpu-temps up to 90C.
See I'm debating on getting this one or a Shuttle. (reason - I really would like to use my internal blu-ray burner 5.25")

I don't have any issues with heat buildup and I have a relatively hot GPU that pulls in cool air then dumps the heat into the case. There's enough airflow front to back. I could increase airflow by flipping the PSU so it exhaust the internal air instead of bypassing it like it does now. I'm also not overclocking i3/h77, so if you plan to oc there's that to deal with. I wouldn't use this as a gaming rig without at least h20 on the CPU.
As far as the SFX psu it will definitely fit, but realize the PSU bracket sticks out the back about an inch. Great if you need the room for a full loop. If you want to flush mount it you'll need to fab up a bracket to use the bolt pattern on the back. An SFX adapter is going to cut it.
Here's mine for reference.
xyexz did a great job with a custom full loop

I don't have any issues with heat buildup and I have a relatively hot GPU that pulls in cool air then dumps the heat into the case. There's enough airflow front to back. I could increase airflow by flipping the PSU so it exhaust the internal air instead of bypassing it like it does now. I'm also not overclocking i3/h77, so if you plan to oc there's that to deal with. I wouldn't use this as a gaming rig without at least h20 on the CPU.
As far as the SFX psu it will definitely fit, but realize the PSU bracket sticks out the back about an inch. Great if you need the room for a full loop. If you want to flush mount it you'll need to fab up a bracket to use the bolt pattern on the back. An SFX adapter is going to cut it.
Here's mine for reference.
xyexz did a great job with a custom full loop

Thank you for the answer. It seems those psu brackets/adaptors are impossible to buy where I live. =( I could order from ebay but then it takes a few weeks..

Is there any way mouting a sfx psu in this case without using a bracket/adaptor?

Anyone else see a mod. of this case where the front gray piece below the 5.25" drive bay was removed and replaced with a small LCD screen?

Back