Cooler Master Cosmos II MbK

This is absolutely amazing. I love the lit center section. Cant wait to see the glory shots.

Your build is awesome as usual. I have always admired your work. Especially your yellow TJ11.

I was wondering, if you care to tell me, how you achieve the straight rigid tubing - specifically the part that runs behind your reservoirs. I have a long tube running horizontally, and have achieved to get it quite rigid, but it's not perfect as yours. If it's not one of your pro modder secrets :)

Straight section is not flex tubing its acrylic pipe. At least I thought that was what he said.

Sort of a rude question.

Why? He didnt ask how much he makes, he asked the cost of such an amazing build. Those of us who do not know the amount of time required would like to still know how far out of reach something like this is for us to even buy.

Your build is awesome as usual. I have always admired your work. Especially your yellow TJ11.

I was wondering, if you care to tell me, how you achieve the straight rigid tubing - specifically the part that runs behind your reservoirs. I have a long tube running horizontally, and have achieved to get it quite rigid, but it's not perfect as yours. If it's not one of your pro modder secrets :)

Used acrylic pipe with Bitspower multi link adapters for the vertical and horizontal parts

Whats the dollar value on this build?

About €3000 Hardware, case, sleeve and small stuff

Sort of a rude question.

I don't mind :)

This is absolutely amazing. I love the lit center section. Cant wait to see the glory shots.

Straight section is not flex tubing its acrylic pipe. At least I thought that was what he said.

Why? He didnt ask how much he makes, he asked the cost of such an amazing build. Those of us who do not know the amount of time required would like to still know how far out of reach something like this is for us to even buy.

Thanks for your comments ;)

Tonight I spent some time to the front. I changed the plan to put the usb and other stuff into the front regarding the looks and the space behind the panel.

DSC06061.jpg

I think this looks better now without the, usb stuff and without the touch buttons from the Aquaero. These doesn't look good and do not work properly in my opinion

So i've cut 3 pieces of 3mm acrylic. The first one looks like this

DSC07511.jpg

And two of them like this. One of them with a smaller recess for the display

DSC07512.jpg

Everything put together

DSC07513.jpg

The touch buttons I do not need because I can set everything with the remote control. And once set I usually do nothing more with it, just look at the temps. The remote has a good range like this, so it's okay

DSC07516.jpg

Placed in the Cosmos

DSC07503.jpg

DSC07502.jpg

DSC07501.jpg

Power on

DSC07518.jpg

DSC07520.jpg

I doubt whether I'm going to put black or carbon on the acrylic.

That case is a badass! Loving the slot load mod and EVERYTHING else you have done to it! This is gonna be a killer setup!

Sort of a rude question.

Not rude at all. A straight forward question. We could look up all the parts individually, but knowing how much it was isn't a secret. I'm fairly curious too... LOL $4854.89 on hardware is a dream for the average Joe.

As much as I like the look you have achieved ... the engineer in me cringes at how you have your coolant system rigged ... your video cards especially.

AMAZING, Beautiful, makes me droll, and inspires me to continue to doodle more on my own design...!!!!

I'm craving cookies now looking at the milk like coolant flowing through your lines. Very pleasing to the eye.

Holy shit that mobo/guts looks absolutely bad ass. Seriously looks like some props for a Star Trek movie, like you pop open the wall and that's the computer system inside of it.

This is a very nice build. You've shown some true craftsmanship and artistic style.

Just an awesome build all-together and with one of my favorite cases on the market. Not sure I would have the guts to mod an already beautiful case like you did and make it look even better.

I was looking to redo my loop later this year and thinking about going with white tubes, but this looks much better. I am fairly new to watercooling myself, but isn't adding any additives to the water bad for parts?

the attention to detail the crafstmanship just fantastic

Liking the mod. I just don't think that silver button piece taken from the top works in the front. It was made for the user looking down to press those buttons. Otherwise, very nice.

That case is a badass! Loving the slot load mod and EVERYTHING else you have done to it! This is gonna be a killer setup!

Thanks..I hope so yes ;)

you're a true master

:) Just doing my thing ;)

Nice Kier!

Thank you

Not rude at all. A straight forward question. We could look up all the parts individually, but knowing how much it was isn't a secret. I'm fairly curious too... LOL $4854.89 on hardware is a dream for the average Joe.

That's why I'm using hardware from previous builds, to much for my budget also

As much as I like the look you have achieved ... the engineer in me cringes at how you have your coolant system rigged ... your video cards especially.

Sorry for that, but good to hear you like the looks

AMAZING, Beautiful, makes me droll, and inspires me to continue to doodle more on my own design...!!!!

Thanx :)

I'm craving cookies now looking at the milk like coolant flowing through your lines. Very pleasing to the eye.

Hmm milk and cookies :p

It is just me or does it look like that thing is running on Ketracel-white? :p

For now milk...later whipped cream

Holy shit that mobo/guts looks absolutely bad ass. Seriously looks like some props for a Star Trek movie, like you pop open the wall and that's the computer system inside of it.

Like the comparisment and love Star trek ;)

This is a very nice build. You've shown some true craftsmanship and artistic style.

Thank you, love to build and like to inspire people

Its the AMG of computers and I love it!

:) ;)

Just an awesome build all-together and with one of my favorite cases on the market. Not sure I would have the guts to mod an already beautiful case like you did and make it look even better.

I was looking to redo my loop later this year and thinking about going with white tubes, but this looks much better. I am fairly new to watercooling myself, but isn't adding any additives to the water bad for parts?

The Mayhem liquid has the right amount of all differend additives, so I'm not worried about this

wow,wow,........wow.:eek:

Really beautiful.

:p ;)

the attention to detail the crafstmanship just fantastic

No compromise ;)

I'm blown away. The amount of talent and creativity is astounding.

Thanks Chuck ;)

Liking the mod. I just don't think that silver button piece taken from the top works in the front. It was made for the user looking down to press those buttons. Otherwise, very nice.

Thanks, but I wanted to keep the Cosmos look at some parts. So buttons where essentiel

Simply amazing

Thanx m8

The wurst thing happened to me .... lost the flat cable connecting the PCB push button and the controller.
In the beginning I was thinking that I must put the flatcable somewhere save before I lose it.
So I've lost it :(. Fortunately there was Ruud from Coolermaster, who still has parts of the Cosmos
Cooler Master Europe Store for all your spare parts.
Ruud... thanks man!

DSC07523.jpg

DSC07524.jpg

And everything is online again

DSC07527.jpg

DSC07529.jpg

DSC07549.jpg

Inverse color display is a nice thing

DSC07546.jpg

slide panel closed again, nothing to see anymore

DSC07553.jpg

Cable management is still a big mess, but this is how I placed the controller

DSC07617.jpg

DSC07618.jpg

DSC07619.jpg

This will become more organised ​​;)
Drilled a hole for the switches and HDD LED

DSC07591.jpg

And I have cut a 3mm black piece of acrylic to make a cover for the side bay, I don't like holes and slots :) So this will disappear.

DSC07598.jpg

Made a second layer and cut out the form of the CM push buttons.

DSC07599.jpg

Placed the first layer back

DSC07600.jpg

Second layer on top

DSC07601.jpg

Past some black film on the second layer

DSC07602.jpg

And the result

DSC07604.jpg

Nice, tight and the good color.
I also been busy with the XL window for the Cosmos. What appeared to be quite a challenge because lots of plastic and little space

The acrylic window I've made ​​1cm larger as the existing hole.

DSC07625.jpg

DSC07626.jpg

DSC07627.jpg

DSC07622.jpg

DSC07615.jpg

Need to put more pressure on the edges , but this is how it becomes

For pasting the metal cover back on the plastic, I used contact adhesive. This is because I don't have to much space for double sided tape, and it just needs to be good. Placed everywhere clamps and other stuff, which will stay on for a night. And need to make the inside a bit nicer. Ofcourse after installing the window wanted to see how it looks.

DSC07609.jpg

DSC07606-1.jpg

DSC07608.jpg

And also have been playing with the enlightened midplate for some nightshots. I'm also thinking to put some lights in the midsection or top.

DSC07558.jpg

DSC07565.jpg

DSC07562.jpg

DSC07571.jpg

DSC07584.jpg

That's it for now...Grtz.

If you wouldn't mind, when you have this up and running ... could you please post temperature readings of the two video cards under load? I am very curious if that setup will cause a noticable temperature variance that is worth any sort of consideration. It will obviously cause some amount of variance, but is it worth worrying about is the question that may be answered.

If you wouldn't mind, when you have this up and running ... could you please post temperature readings of the two video cards under load? I am very curious if that setup will cause a noticable temperature variance that is worth any sort of consideration. It will obviously cause some amount of variance, but is it worth worrying about is the question that may be answered.

I still need to buy a better CPU, but need to save money ;) when everything is up and running I will post some temps for you.

This will become 1 of the last Cosmos updates my friendly followers. Just one more to go, the pro photoshoot.
The Cosmos is almost finished now. It was a very nice build, partly because the Cosmos was allready in my possession before he was in the shop, and that the kick-off exactly started with the big Cosmos II release.

For this a deep bow for Cooler Master, EKWB, ZOTAC and IT service.be. Thank you again for the confidence and support.

The last small things in this last update.

The white front I covered with black film, which looks better then the white acrylic. But with some white lines still visible.

DSC07643.jpg

DSC07635.jpg

All side panels opened and the big, big Cosmos exhibited

DSC07632.jpg

A great modular power supply, the Cooler Master Hybrid 1050W

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

Enough connections :)

DSC01564.jpg

And enough space left, which comes in handy for the excess length of the cables

DSC07648.jpg

DSC07659.jpg

Some cable management

DSC07663.jpg

Side cover is placed with the HDDs

DSC07665.jpg

DSC07653.jpg

DSC07667.jpg

Because it was too dark inside, I have placed a single CCFL in a custom bracket that I have bolted to the 360 ​​rad using the existing holes. Now was to bright, so I made it ​​softer with a small piece of white paper.

DSC07645.jpg

Finalized the sleeved cables, a little tightening etc.

DSC07677.jpg

DSC07682.jpg

DSC07671.jpg

Total shot of the PCI-e SATA 24pins and sats

DSC07668.jpg

And the internal end result

DSC07695.jpg

DSC07689.jpg

DSC07683.jpg

And my favorite picture

DSC07692.jpg

Next update....Final photoshoot ;)

Your side window is DA BOMB! Congrats! I hope my Cosmos II build will almost compare. Great job!!

You had to wait a few weeks for these pictures, I hope it was worth it ;)

The final pictures of the Cosmos II MbK

_MG_3557.jpg

_MG_3296-2.jpg

_MG_3300-2.jpg

_MG_3305-2.jpg

_MG_3293.jpg

_MG_3309.jpg

_MG_3302.jpg

_MG_3568.jpg

_MG_3322.jpg

_MG_3378-2.jpg

_MG_3348.jpg

_MG_3332.jpg

_MG_3365.jpg

_MG_3336.jpg

_MG_3342.jpg

_MG_3360.jpg

_MG_3363.jpg

_MG_3368.jpg

_MG_3545.jpg

_MG_3330.jpg

_MG_3328.jpg

_MG_3534.jpg

_MG_3350.jpg

_MG_3576.jpg

_MG_3571.jpg

Special thanks goes to:

Marco and Ruud from Coolermaster

Chris and Carsten from ZOTAC

Gregor From EKWB

And Eddy from IT-Service.be

And offcourse all members from this forum for the great comments and ideas.

Second place :) Big thanks goes to all voters, jury and Cooler master

i think this is in a first place tie for my favorite rig of all time. and how you have the plexi i loved so much i will be doing something similar with matte black plexi. will you be doing another rig at some point? if so i cant wait.
just so you know personally this is what i tied it with ;)
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1680512&page=4
lol i like your wiring on the cosmos better but i love the creativity of the caselabs.

Absolutely stunning! great job man. to say its a simple build would be a drastic understatement however i think that's why i like it so much its a simple color scheme and a clean interior without too much going on.
Simple & Clean very nice

Back