Cooler Master Centurion 5

yea - I just basically take a shop vac to the grills on the front of my case. Sucks whatever was in there right out. no need to remove.

firefox + newegg ftl

intereting case - but who's iStar? Coolermaster derivative?

intereting case - but who's iStar? Coolermaster derivative?

Not exactly sure but I know iStar makes a Redundant PSU (its 500W x 2 and I believe OverdrivePC has this as an option for server PCs.) They are also known for making hot-wap hard drive bays. Looks like they make components built for for servers.

Well I got my case in today. I only paid 25.00 for two day shipping on eBay. Not bad. This case freaking HUGE compared to my eMachines mATX minitower. But it's really nice and I can't wait to start ordering the rest of my new computer to put in it. .

One thing I saw that was weird, though, was the AC'97/Azalia front connector. It's got like three plugs and 6 or 7 wire dangling from the last connector. Was all that really necessary? I guess I need to read the manual to find out. Thanks for the help and pictures. I fell like I made the right choice.

Ryan

ryan_975 said:
Well I got my case in today. I only paid 25.00 for two day shipping on eBay. Not bad. This case freaking HUGE compared to my eMachines mATX minitower. But it's really nice and I can't wait to start ordering the rest of my new computer to put in it. .

One thing I saw that was weird, though, was the AC'97/Azalia front connector. It's got like three plugs and 6 or 7 wire dangling from the last connector. Was all that really necessary? I guess I need to read the manual to find out. Thanks for the help and pictures. I fell like I made the right choice.

Ryan
I don't know what the extra wires are. My case gets absolutely shitty sound through the front audio. It crackles and pops.

Volucris said:
I don't know what the extra wires are. My case gets absolutely shitty sound through the front audio. It crackles and pops.

Probably because all the extra wires act like antennae for the analog signal passing through them. I pulled the little box off and took a look inside and saw that that cable is replaceable, so I might find a replacement that isn't so botched looking.

By the way the manual didn't say jack shit about the different connectors. Just had infor about how to hook the individual wires up to the motherboard. BUT they weren't in color and the damned things aren't labeled.

I cut those extra wires off at the first connector. Tried to get them as close to the plastic as possible. Sound is a hell of a lot better now. It's even better than my old case FP connectors.

i just got this case and love it. there is plenty of room in the front 5.25" bays to mount a 120mm fan which is what I did. It dropped my temps 10c on the cpu. simply amazing case for less than $50.

I just got this case for a new build. I really like it except for the tooless design for the expansion slots. I snaped one right off, and they don't hold cards in place as well as a good old fashioned screw. The rest of it is top notch!

Back