Cooler Master Aquagate Duo Viva $34.99 free ship

I would guesstimate it's design to be around 600 btu/hr, so it could probably cool it.

I have 2 of these. Picked them up at a CompUSA store closing a while back in Houston for $25 each. It's an interesting system to say the least...but it did cool my x1800XTPE enough to get another 50Mhz out of the core (core was up to 770 or something like that). After I retired the x1800 I TRIED to use 1 to cool a Q6600. Didn't cut it. I had to combine the two systems and even then it didn't cool as well as my Xigmatek 1283.

The way I had it configured was:
pump >rad>pump>rad to try to minimize the pressure drop with 2 rads in the system. maybe it would work better with different fans...but right now it's in a box in the garage :p

dunno if that helps or not giving my experience as to how well they cool. For CPU's you're better off with a good hsf. For video cards...might be different...I dunno how much heat the newer cards put of compared to a voltmodded and overclocked x1800xtpe.

I'm sorry computer components affect your life so much :eek:
If you don't want it don't buy it.

lol, while his wording was admittedly unnecessary, the review link he provided was quite helpful in showing how thoroughly people should avoid this kit!

I'm sorry computer components affect your life so much :eek:
If you don't want it don't buy it.

no they dont, its just something that i follow in every part of life.

if you cant make something the right way, then dont make it at all. i deal with it every day.

Bought one. Think this could do a stock clocked 4850/e8400?

No chance..... the temps would be bad with even 1 of those.... just wait till you hear the annoying sound of the temp sensored fans desperately trying to push air through the rad:D

sold mine a week later after realising it wasnt worth keeping just to use on an old x1950 card.

well one thing you can say is its cheaper than decent high end cpu cooler but will work worse.. i wonder tho if you modded the fans and few other things it would be worth while.. i prefer air tho with a heatsink so good it can be fanless with out a melt down when/if a fan stops

I had one of these and it totally sucks if youre cooling anything making any decent amount of power. It was so terrible on my 6000+

I had one of these and it totally sucks if youre cooling anything making any decent amount of power. It was so terrible on my 6000+

Thats pretty much why I bought it. Low power CPU and GPU. If it doesn't seem up to par, I'll use my engineering judgement to modify it.

wonder how it'd work if a 120mm rad is added to the loop? might be OK WC setup.

its not the rad, its the pump, which by the spec says "whole system: 42liters per hour" which is like 11gph. Compared to a Laing DDC, which is 70gph, this pump is super weak. If I have issues with a stock one of these, I'll just replace the pump.

Yeah, those darn $35 products... how dare they not exceed expectations created by $450 comparisions!?

well when i last found these, they were easily around the $100 mark. for that price I could pick up a thermaltake bigwater from RADIOSHACK and it would cool better.

my point is theyre $35 for a reason, and that reason is because they are crap.

however, if the pump is modifiable like that one guy said (sorry im too lazy to go back a page, time constraints, lol), then maybe just maybe i'd consider this, since youre getting waterblock(s) and hoses, and a rad.

Too bad this thing sucks. It would be 100% perfect if something like this could keep my dual 4870s somewhat cool somewhat quietly....not needing the best OC, just decent temps at a quiet noise level in my HTPC.

I bought one, and it should arrive today. I'll do a mini review or something and post it either here or in the liquid cooling section.

If you post it in liquid cooling, link here plz

you can replace the pump if you'd like - however the pump is also the waterblock, so to replace the pump you'd need a waterblock to go with it.
Not if you're only planning on cooling the GPUs. For those who do want to still cool the CPU, the Apogee Drive would probably be a good choice

Not if you're only planning on cooling the GPUs. For those who do want to still cool the CPU, the Apogee Drive would probably be a good choice

I don't follow? What does cooling a GPU vs CPU have to do with replacing the pump? The pump on these el-cheapo setups is built onto the waterblock, so in order to replace the pump, you'd need to get a waterblock as well. Unless you're saying leave the original pump/waterblock inline and just add a 3rd party pump.

The pump is built only into the CPU block, isn't it? So if you decided to only cool the GPUs you wouldn't need to replace those blocks. Or is there a pump in the GPU blocks as well?

Ok, so the kit arrived. It was well packaged.

Here are some pics and my opinion. I didnt mount it to anything yet, but i plugged it in.

cmaqvivo001.jpg

cmaqvivo002.jpg

cmaqvivo003.jpg

cmaqvivo004.jpg

cmaqvivo006.jpg

cmaqvivo007.jpg

cmaqvivo008.jpg

cmaqvivo009.jpg

Basically, it comes with everything for a VGA connection. All of the mounting hardware is included, and a little box with VGA ramsinks is in there as well. The pump circulates fluid, but I can't say it pumps a lot. Everything is sleeved very well, and the system is pre-filled. The blocks appear relatively flat.
Also, 775 mounting hardware is included. AMD might be there, but I have no idea what it looks like, since ive never used AMD. For the price, this could even make an excellent TEC beverage chiller...
I'll be honest, I dont think this can handle much of a CPU (Might have trouble with E8400 and above, I wouldn't put a quad core on it either). I presume this system was designed around low TDP graphics cards, like 7600gt, 7800gt, 7950gt, 8600gt, etc.

At the current price point, I would give it a 7/10 because of the "neat" factor, and all of the included accessories. I'm looking forward to testing this with a P4 3.0ghz and an 6600gt gpu in a SFF case.

OIC. yeah...I think that system only comes with one pump/waterblock combo. You're right.

I have the single cooling system, not the duo. But what I did was I picked up two and combined them into one system. Still didn't work that great :p

I think with a better pump you'd get better results. Maybe better fans too...but they're still only 70mmx140mm rads/fans so it's gonna get loud to dissipate that heat.

You know, I wonder whether that PCI mounting bracket would fit other rads. Might be worth picking this up and scavenge it for easy rad mounting without modding

Edit: o wait, for some reason didn't pay attention to the fact that the dimensions of that rad are small. Perhaps could work with minor modding?

Back