Cool POV Illusion iPhone App

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is easily one of the cooler iPhone apps out there. It costs a buck and will pay for itself the first time you have to hail a cab on Friday night after the bars close. I mean, that’s what I heard anyway. ;)

Damn I wish I was the one who brought this out because it is going to sell like crazy. I am going to get my IPhone out of the car right now to buy this!

yes, flailing your iPhone around like a maniac on speed is always a good idea.

I see this app causing many "slip out of my hand" iPhone accidents.

This was similar to one of the early electronic engineering projects I did while at school.
You mounted a bank of LED's on a broom stick and had to program the LED lighting sequence in conjunction with waving the stick up and down at the right pace to create messages.
The eye is truly an amazing thing.

This is easily one of the cooler iPhone apps out there. It costs a buck and will pay for itself the first time you have to hail a cab on Friday night after the bars close. I mean, that’s what I heard anyway. ;)

Since the iPhone is an actualy phone (hard to believe) that maybe its better to just call a cab. I'm thinking alcohol, and wild flailing and iPhones just just mix.

Obviously typing and drinking don't mix.

Since the iPhone is an actual phone (hard to believe) perhaps its better to just call a cab. I'm thinking alcohol, wild flailing and iPhones just don't mix.

Sweet. I want an iphone, since I killed my ATT tilt... (spilled half a bottle of rubbing alchohol on it, doesn't seem to happy)

That looks like a rather lazy implementation: from the way the text changes horizontal size at the ends of each 'wave' in the photos, the program simply cycles through the correct pattern at a fixed rate, rather than modifying the rate by reading data from the accelerometer to compensate.

That looks like a rather lazy implementation: from the way the text changes horizontal size at the ends of each 'wave' in the photos, the program simply cycles through the correct pattern at a fixed rate, rather than modifying the rate by reading data from the accelerometer to compensate.
That may just be an artifact of the angle to the camera. It could still be compensating for speed changes but the accelerometer might not be that fine tuned for such rapid movement analysis.

Does this app come with a complimentary Wii strap? Seems like you'll be needing it.

Back