Cool looking home networking/NAS/media services distro

You try it yet? Does look cool, could be a good item. I was looking for one a while back.

How ya feeling??

It does look interesting, but I need to find something that runs on ubunut that can stream to my PS3.

Once my DNS changes take effect so I can migrate my mail server, I'm wiping my old exchange box and installing this on, just for the hell of it.

Will let you all know in a day or two.

I used during the summer of 08 for a couple of weeks. The only reason I stopped using it was because I did not have good enough hardware. It was a pretty cool little setup. I had the recipe thing going and the file sharing. Did not try the vpn or the dynamic dns setup as I have a static IP and I am the only one who needs to know it. It was a nice distro when I tested it. I also believe it had some sort of integration with itunes and a few other features that I tried but do not remember now.

hmm, looks interesting. My WHS license is running out in July so Amahi might be a good alternative.

Thanks for the link!

Should probably note that it isn't really a distro on its own, you need a full Fedora 9 DVD for it to work. I have it up and running now. Its almost like WHS in the sense that its more or less a service running ontop of an OS (the WHS service/application running on top of Server 2k3).

Back