Cool desk

Awesome, I have always wanted to do about the same thing, but mount it on the wall as art instead of a desk top.

front paged! you should totally run over there and demand street cred since you had this almost 12 hours before and now steves gonna get all the ladies for posting first. :)

you work for PM beavis?

front paged! you should totally run over there and demand street cred since you had this almost 12 hours before and now steves gonna get all the ladies for posting first. :)

you work for PM beavis?

lol, no. I am friends with the four owners of Danger Den. they laid out the hardware in the desk when they cut it then I guess PM put it all together. If DD had done it all it would have been immaculate.

Any idea where they sourced the custom PCIe cable? Being able to relocate the vid card could lead to some interesting custom cases.

Any idea where they sourced the custom PCIe cable? Being able to relocate the vid card could lead to some interesting custom cases.

+1!

EDIT: found one!

EDIT^2: this one you can order any length up to 15" holy cow! theyre expensive though...

Last edited:
this is not a bad idea. You can constantly monitor your system. If it ever sprung a leak or something you would know right away.

I gave them the source (yes OrbitMicro).

You can see I used them back when I did the first attempt at true quad SLI in a Skulltrail (which did not work):

Now I have even a better source:

dsc01521l.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot share this source quite yet ;)

Last edited:
can you share the price? greater than or less than $50 each? :D

can you share the price? greater than or less than $50 each? :D

The blue ones were around 90 bucks (15" ones). They were built to order. The short one is a sample they gave me. A friend of mine is a product designer for the company so I got the inside scoop though the pricing was retail.

mmk. i found them online for $52+tax and shipping that you could order made to any length from 3" to 15". was just wondering if there was a better price since thats way out of my price range. :mad:

mmk. i found them online for $52+tax and shipping that you could order made to any length from 3" to 15". was just wondering if there was a better price since thats way out of my price range. :mad:

I have two of the 15" Orbit micro ones that I do not want . . . .

Back