Cool Custom Computer

HardOCP News

[H] News
Some guy has started a business selling his rather cool looking custom computers. Personally I think he'd get more traction selling a computer case kit, instead of complete systems, because the type of people that would like this case don't really buy prebuilt systems. Cool looking system though, check it out.

I like his art direction, very unique and bravo to who ever took the shots of his art work.

nah.

i'm more of a boring rectangular person.

that semi open air custom case could double as a space heater though.

Yup, kits would be a hit. I like the look, but I, (like most [H] readers), am discriminating about components.

I agree. I'd actually probably buy a case kit. I think it's very attractive. although, given the hardware specs you are paying over $2000 for the case itself. Which makes a Thermaltake Level 10 a welfare case by comparison.

Nice looking but I'd rather have a case I don't have to clean once a week.

Dust on that case wouldn't really matter in an enclosed room, hell if you live in a dusty area just take one of the air cans once a week and give it a decent spray down. Honestly would take maybe 20 seconds.

I want it. Although, it really should be a kit.

It kind reminds of something that would have been in A.I. or similar.

Dust on that case wouldn't really matter in an enclosed room, hell if you live in a dusty area just take one of the air cans once a week and give it a decent spray down. Honestly would take maybe 20 seconds.

For some reason I remembered a mod that a guy did to have a can of the gas duster upside down spraying on his heatsink. It had a ball valve so you could control the flow of the duster.

Is it really worth that much scratch???

Other than the price, it's a Damn good looking design. One very talented individual there.

Everybody has their own definition of [H]ard I guess.

To me it is pushing the limits of performance in terms of another variable; say performance per cubic centimeter, or performance per dollar...FLOPs per blingy cold cathode light not so much...but hey, to each their own.

Well yes, but I'm LAZY :p

I dust off my case about every 3 or 4 months.

BTW is the case Full ATX?, it seems to me it may only fit matx

Let me clarify something:

I meant it would be worth it as a case kit....

...IF....

it was priced reasonably. There is no way I'd pay more than a couple hundred bucks for a raw kit with directions.

That said, I think this guy could make a killing if he did just that.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned the HSF sticking way out there. Sure it looks cool, but man thats just gotta be asking for an accidental bump.

This Unit has a lot of custom touches. Looks like the power supply cables are custom lengths for example. So I would guess those doing this have had to pay a pretty penny to order the stock to build these. That might also indicate that they won't be open to the suggestion of offering it just as a "case kit". And, even if they did, it would be difficult for any of us make something similar on our own. Not that some of the [H]ard modders around here couldn't... but it would take some effort and skill.

Simply from a design point of view it is very original. As for the innovation, I would like to hear his reasoning on the placement of the components other than "the back panel is oriented downward for a clean look". I wonder how efficient it is in this configuration.

That's a pretty awesome looking system. Too bad it costs so much. Sure I expect something like that to carry a premium, but I wouldn't expect the case itself to cost more than $500-$600 rather than 1500-2000.

It looks alright and cool and all, but after a few days you will be really kicking yourself in the ass after you get the credit card bill and realizing it isn't worth it (or even half the cost). It's a little computer case, not a car.

$2.9K and they give you only a 460 and 4GB of RAM? Laff.

I like the looks though, it's damn clean and tidy.

I don't think I'd like a kit for this. I can see a lot of components have been specifically picked to make the case look the way it does. If he sold the case as a bare kit, it wouldn't look anything like the designs he made.

But I do agree that he should include kits as an option for those who want to take the plunge into the great unknown.

Well yes, but I'm LAZY :p

I dust off my case about every 3 or 4 months.

BTW is the case Full ATX?, it seems to me it may only fit matx

too true and yes thats a mATX

The cooler also looks more for the design aspect then getting everything out of the cooler possible. This PC wasn't "HOLY BALLZ IT PLAYS GAMES" more or less it was "Wow the computer is more then decent and looks wicked."

Really sexy case, the only thing I would modify is the power connectors for the video card. They just seem out of place, perhaps a flat connector of some sort

Can he make me one that is cat friendly? Needs to be comfy and warm on top, able to hold a 20 pound cat and easy to remove hair and claws from, but not look like a cat tree/condo.

I like the basic idea behind the design, but the only thing that bugs me is the components being exposed on both side.

I guess I like how it would look without all the hardwares and power supply sticking out like that, heh

Back