Cool Cube Illusion

When he starts walking towards the cube I was screaming at my monitor "watch out, you're about to walk into that cu...!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhh........"

Pretty trippy...

Next up: The Sphere. Now we need some free time, another roll of duct tape, and Dustin Hoffman, Sharon Stone, and Samuel L. Jackson.

Very cool indeed. Getting the angles just right to make the cube must have been a real chore.

I hope that's his garage or else I am going to ask, "why does he have a motor cycle in his house"?

This really only works on camera. In-person depth perception ruins the illusion.

It works in person too but only from one point of perspective. Perspective art has been around a while and it's some very cool stuff. I first saw perspective art from the guy below

http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm

he has done some wicked cool stuff outdoors on the ground. I have tons and tons of striping tape up here - I'm tempted to try something like that box. :D

Although it's cool, I don't think it would really be that hard. Just use a projector to project the cube from the correct angle and then tape the lines. You could probably do it with about any shape, but the perception of the cube gives it the illusion of being three dimensional. neat idea.

Although it's cool, I don't think it would really be that hard. Just use a projector to project the cube from the correct angle and then tape the lines. You could probably do it with about any shape, but the perception of the cube gives it the illusion of being three dimensional. neat idea.

Except the projected image will be terribly blurry due to distance changes ... unless you've got a laser projector, in which case you need to throw a party and invite everyone over!

1. Take a picture.
2. Draw something (e.g. a cube) on the print.
3. Tape where the picture says tape should be.

Not saying it's easy, but that's how I'd do it.

I want to try this in my dorm hall way. I can imagine all the people looking down the hall being all :confused:

Back