converting .wma to mp3.

Max-Powers

Gawd
Need to convert some .wma songs to mp3. tried downloading a converter but when I try to use it, it says somthing about its protected my DRM or somthing. any way to get around this?

Max-Powers said:
Need to convert some .wma songs to mp3. tried downloading a converter but when I try to use it, it says somthing about its protected my DRM or somthing. any way to get around this?

That usely means when they were ripped you checked the box to secure them.

Meaning that you can not re-rip, or convert them. :(

Best bet if possible, rip them again in the mp3 format.. :)

^ yeah that's the best bet. Much to my surprise, even crappy windows media player can rip to 320 kbps mp3s. So I'd say that's the way to go.

Or you can try a trick I had to use on some secured WMA's I legally bought that have a 6 limit copy. They absolutly refused to just convert so what I did was use one of my limits to make a standard CD of the wma's & then used Musicmatch to rip the CD to my HD. Now I have both wma & mp3's of the music for myself.

dandragonrage said:
Google for "657.zip" wma

Also, 320Kbps MP3 still sucks. I recommend Vorbis...

Let's not start that whole Vorbis > MP3 usless circle jerk discussion. :)

edit:

because we all know FLAC > *

bratboy said:
Or you can try a trick I had to use on some secured WMA's I legally bought that have a 6 limit copy. They absolutly refused to just convert so what I did was use one of my limits to make a standard CD of the wma's & then used Musicmatch to rip the CD to my HD. Now I have both wma & mp3's of the music for myself.

That does work, but you lose some sound quality when you do it.
:)

looks like it will be harder than I thought to convert it. I will probably just leave it .wma for now. winamp plays it fine and my mp3 player supports it, so no need for it to be mp3 yet. any disadvantage to it being .wma rather than mp3?

WHat's that winamp plugin that people were using to convert protected wma files into wav so they could then make them into mp3's? Anyone? I need that.

Back