Controller Preference: 360 or PS3?

Which controller do you prefer?

• PS3

Votes: 65 39.9%

Votes: 98 60.1%

• Total voters
The PS controllers are ridiculously small and always have been. They are made for little asian hands (no offense towards asians, but it is the truth).

The Xbox controllers have always been much more comfortable for larger hands. The 360 controllers are amazing IMO.

Chose PS3 because Sony's controller feels alot more comfortable in my hands and the D-pad is far superior to the XBox360's. The Dualshock isn't as heavy as it's opponent, either. I don't agree with the 'larger hands like the XBox360 controller better' generalization. My hands are meathooks and the ergonomics of the Dualshock feel better to me.

I like both controllers, however. I use an XBox360 controller with my PC. And it's definitely better for racing games. The R2/L2 triggers are excellent in Forza 2...without the option for a steering wheel.

Last edited:
The PS controllers are ridiculously small and always have been. They are made for little asian hands (no offense towards asians, but it is the truth).

The Xbox controllers have always been much more comfortable for larger hands. The 360 controllers are amazing IMO.

My little asian hands agree with you! I love the ps3 controller cause it fits so well, haha.

I don't agree with the 'larger hands like the XBox360 controller better' generalization. My hands are meathooks and the ergonomics of the Dualshock feel better to me.

100% agree, I'd say I have pretty big hands too and the DS is fine size wise, I guess it's what your used too.

yea, i have pretty big hands and i like the PS3 controllers more. I used to hate them back in the day, but after using them for a little, my hands feel way more relaxed/less strained after using the PS3's controllers compared to the 360's controllers.

My hands are too big for the PS3 controller. Playing Batman: AA I've got to constantly reset my thumbs on the sticks and holding down the triggers is an effort in futility sometimes since my fingers tend to hang off the bottom so they tend to slide over time as I'm sneaking around.

The 360 controller I have is so much more comfortable and easier to use for extended periods of time. Best controller I've ever used IMO.

360 controller might be the best controller I've ever used (minus the Dpad)

My hands are too big for the PS3 controller. Playing Batman: AA I've got to constantly reset my thumbs on the sticks and holding down the triggers is an effort in futility sometimes since my fingers tend to hang off the bottom so they tend to slide over time as I'm sneaking around.

Seriously....check out Giotech's triggers....will improve your DS3 playing no end on any genre that uses the triggers alot. In fact I'g go as far as saying once you get used to them the standard triggers are horrendous....as I just found out at my sisters playing LBP.

For me, xbox controller. Fits perfect in my hands and Im not a fan of the ps3 triggers.
Im no fanboy, Im a gamer, but i wish i could use my xbox on my ps3. May have to try those add on triggers for the ps3 and see how it feels then

Much prefer my PS3 controller over my 360 controller. PS3 controller feels like it's floating your hands, the analog triggers are useful for everything while the analog triggers on the 360 are impossible to use for something like Street Fighter 4, the 360 controller's D-Pad is horrible, and the controller is asymmetrical.

I voted PS3... then I remember why I prefer the PS3-- its because I pretty much only play Tekken on it. For everything else, the 360 controller is better suited. The analog placement on the dual shock is just plain old retarded. :rolleyes:

The only problem I have with the PS3 controller is the convex control sticks, opposed to the 360s convex ones.

they are both a tad uncomfortable for me, I have big hands and my fingers don't agree well with control placement, i was one of the guys who preferred the last gen xbox launch controllers.

i do slightly prefer the ps3 controller, it almost fits the mold.

Now that I've had a good week with the PS3, my opinion of the DS3 is changing.

What I like:
Thumbstick range of motion - The thumbsticks have a good 1/2 inch of extra movement in them vs the 360, and Im finding that increases my accuracy and makes it easier to track moving targets.

D-Pad - I don't think many will dispute that the DS3's dpad is superior

Neutral ground:
Thumbstick Layout - At first I really preferred the 360's thumbstick layout but after getting used to the DS3, im finding that it's "just different"

R1/L1 vs triggers - At first I really preferred (and probably still do) having triggers on the 360 for fps games. I disliked the R1/L1 buttons for use in fps games, but now am comfortable with them and feel neutral towards them.

What I dislike:
R2/L2 - Ok, hands down, this is the one mistake Sony made with the DS3. They are convex, spongey feeling, and your fingers slide off of them. The snap-on grips posted above worked miracles for them but still, you have buy a third-party product to fix a first-party mistake.

What is all this I am posting !? Am I drunk on Sony's Koolaid now !?

360 controller. It's simply built much better. The PS3 pad is feels as lite as a feather & also feels cheaply built. Once you've played with the Xbox 360 controller long enough, you'll get that feeling. The PS3 D Pad is still far superior & is excellent for fighting games. Besides that, everything else favors the 360 pad in my opinion.

It's amazing...the PS3 console build walks all over the 360's quality. Yet, the 360 controller crushes the PS3 controller as far as quality goes. Why did they both not get both right the first time?

Back