Control Raytracing

Overall this game is a perfect example of increasing game demands fighting off gpu performance improvements with diminishing returns in IQ.

The fact that a 1080ti barely gets 60 fps at 1080p is pathetic considering the visuals. It's all an excuse to get people to buy $700+ GPU's every 2 years.

I am guessing this is an Nvidia sponsored title, though I guess that is a given with RTX.

I dunno, when you start throwing things around and blowing shit up it's pretty damn impressive. After beating it, I still log in from time to time just to float around and rain chaos down around me. Her hair does look like shit though every time I load up and see it plastered down on her head.

This game is now $20 on Epic Store on sale. $30 - $10 coupon that everyone gets.

Performance must have been improved because I can play RTX High at 3440x1440 with MSAA off and it feels fine on my Nvidia 2080 and Intel 6950x. (gysnc on)

This game is now $20 on Epic Store on sale. $30 - $10 coupon that everyone gets.

Performance must have been improved because I can play RTX High at 3440x1440 with MSAA off and it feels fine on my Nvidia 2080 and Intel 6950x. (gysnc on)
I may pick this up and play it even though I don't have a RTX card (at least yet).

I've been debating getting it even though I don't have RTX yet. I've heard its fantastic so I might just go for it now and then replay it when I get RTX in the future...

Reactions: noko
like this
I turned RTX on and off multiple times in multiple scenes to try and compare. Rasterized lighting is very good in this game. I didn't see anything with RTX on that made me think this is must have technology. Reflections in pictures seemed to be about the most evident - which if you weren't looking for it, I doubt you'd ever notice it. The game reminds me of a half life 2 engine title. Frankly, I personally don't know what all the fuss, graphically, was about.

I get that RTX is better for the devs. As a gamer though, I've not yet been blown away by RTX on any title I've seen. I’ve said this before. Then I hear try Control, it’ll change your mind on RTX from several different sources. Meh.

Last edited:
I turned RTX on and off multiple times in multiple scenes to try and compare. Rasterized lighting is very good in this game. I didn't see anything with RTX on that made me think this is must have technology. Reflections in pictures seemed to be about the most evident - which if you weren't looking for it, I doubt you'd ever notice it. The game reminds me of a half life 2 engine title. Franklly, I personally don't know what all the fuss, graphically, was about.

I get that it's better for the devs. As a gamer, I've not yet been sold on it's must have status thus far with anything I've seen.

When I compared RTX on to off the changes in lighting were more subtle but pretty noticeable in certain scenes. The reflections to me look much better with ray tracing. What might be the most impressive part of the game is the physics which use Nvidia PhysX.

Been playing it on the
I turned RTX on and off multiple times in multiple scenes to try and compare. Rasterized lighting is very good in this game. I didn't see anything with RTX on that made me think this is must have technology. Reflections in pictures seemed to be about the most evident - which if you weren't looking for it, I doubt you'd ever notice it. The game reminds me of a half life 2 engine title. Frankly, I personally don't know what all the fuss, graphically, was about.

I get that RTX is better for the devs. As a gamer, I've not yet been sold on RTX - that it is a must have status thus far with anything I've seen.
Been playing it on a 5700 XT no way to compare unless it would work on a 1080 Ti just for rendering difference since it would not be playable. Game is good but does not stick out like Shadow Of The Tomb Raider or Red Dead Redemption II for graphics.

My 2 cents are that the Control is a game that just show how much can be the different between poor lighting effects and ray tracing and why that is the worst game example to show this difference :)

1592596786360.gif

Back