Consumer Reports Ranks iPhone X below iPhone 8

Kyle must be at the strip club, after he removes the glitter, thread lockdown in 3..2..1. :)

I'm starting to admire the bravery of anyone willing to admit they still use an iphone.
I bought an iphone SE over black friday for $130 because I was getting fed up with my nearly 5 year old android phone... i returned it last night because the screen was too small giving me eye-strain, however it was still a really nice device.

• A heavily gesture oriented UI which improved my multi-tasking performance
  • a consolidated app settings drawer making it easier to configure app specific settings rather than trying to navigate their own custom UI's
  • extremely responsive (although this is coming from a an old phone so anything would feel responsive today)
  • very polished looking overall, clean UI, attractive design
  • and overall everything just worked as expected, no curve balls as I have grown accustomed to in android

I found no faults in the device at all and would still be using it if I had a larger screen. In fact it even solved a few problems I had like Android's notorious bug for sleeping wifi breaking idle background connections to your home network (phillips hue lighting system, netflix, plex, etc).

went with the 8+ myself

if the X somehow had a fingerprint reader id probably have went for it for the amoled and smaller size, but the facial unlock is just stupid

All I did was make a joke and you turned it into me being a fanboy and an idiot. I called you out on your bullshit and you started coming at me with all of your cute little millennial internet colloquialisms, insulting my intelligence, and being pretty much the stereotype of what an apple fanboy is.

Your post history shows an easily followed pattern of you jumping in threads to defend the iPhone should somebody say anything bad about it. It also shows you bashing Android devices when the opportunity comes and you feel the need to do so.

What it all boils down to is that if anyone in this thread is to be accused of being a fanboy by you, then that's downright ironic considering what I've pointed out above.

You wanted to take my joke and turn it into something serious... don't be surprised when you mess with the bull and you get the horns.

And for the record, my smartphone history is as follows. IPhone 3g, iPhone 4s, LG g2, iPhone 6, Samsung s8. My wife has the iPhone 7 plus, and in my opinion the s8 is a superior device.
Oh boy. Alright let me keep it simple for you because I don’t want you to fly off the handle again ;)

Why would I bash Apple on Hardforum? It’s already a circle jerk of that. I can point out all the flaws Apple has other places to trigger little bitches like you on the other side of the aisle.

But my favorite part is you still sound like an Apple fan.

Like I said I’d ship you a box of shit but you’d probably mistake it for your brains.

Keep mining my posts though, it’s hilarious fanboy.

But I promise this time you can have the last word even if you don’t tag me in the comment so I won’t come back.

I couldn't care less if you respond further or not. I already said what I needed to say, and anyone who takes the time to look can see right through your agenda as if it were cellophane.

Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow, fanboy.

I couldn't care less if you respond further or not. I already said what I needed to say, and anyone who takes the time to look can see right through your agenda as if it were cellophane.

Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow, fanboy.
Always gotta have that last word huh?:rolleyes:

I will keep my "cheap" tank Iphone SE until it dies. All these fragile pieces of glass equal to a mortgage payment make no sense to me.

I also don't understand how people break phone so frequently. I went caseless for years and never even had a chip in the frame.

I never understood it either. Every single person I know has a cracked screen, many with cases, only my last two phones have ever seen cases and I have NEVER broken a phone, and outside of wear on edges from going in and out of my pocket, looked new, worth noting I work in an industrial field and use my phone for work every single day. One guy I work with had a phone with a cracked screen, he upgraded and got a new phone, before the end of the week he hands me his phone to show me a video and what do you know? Cracked screen. Within 2 months the phone had been dropped so much the screen stopped working, he did some sort of trade in and got another phone....I shit you not when I say in less than a month it was broken. He was then at the job for long enough that the company was going to give him a phone for work, everyone gets a new iPhone with a LifeProof case. It lasted 2 months before its screen was busted....INSIDE A LIFEPROOF, how? HOW do people break things so much?

i-see-brain-dead-people-arguing-on-the-internet.jpg

So as a S8 owner apparently at the top of the heap, do I now have the right to act as smug as the iphone crowd usually does?

Asking for myself and a friend.
As a s8plus owner... I wonder also lol.

But I'm as guilty as the apple fan boys. I've owned almost every Samsung note and galaxy, since the first note was released.

Yes I've tried multiple iPhones over the years. Including the iPhone 8. Always sold them and bought the best Samsung had to offer.

funny ive have 120 phones to support at work, 100 or so being android so i can flip flop and try the latest and greatest anytime i want and every time i go back to apple.

the Pixel is the closest thing in android ive actually enjoyed, Samsung have so much bloat and crappy touch wiz but unfortunatly they both run android OS and the apps are crap, they have no QC for apps on the store. the OS itself is good but all the crappy apps that hang and kill battery or install malware or ads just make apple shine. construction guys are always so thrilled when their phone is hot enough to fry an egg on and dead by 9am because some cheeseball craptastic android app or process has hung and killed the battery

when it comes to hardware specs they are all plenty fast enough these days, and all quite nice build pixel/samsung/apple but they are all equally expensive off contract and all of them need a case if you plan to drop it at any point.

its all preference

Last edited:
Does anyone else need a vacation?

Civilized conversation is a requirement.

Civilized people buy iPhones. Android phones are trash for riff raff garbage people, and they belong in the landfill.

Civilized people buy iPhones. Android phones are trash for riff raff garbage people, and they belong in the landfill.
Really? Made me laugh though after the warning above. LOL!

What do people do with a $1000 phone?
For most, it's the thrill of buying something shiny. The other thing is, people who buy them are like people who buy new Rolexes and really expensive sports cars; they have to let other people know that they own one. As if it's some sort of status symbol. I see these self important twits at work every day, and not a week goes by that some nut or other has to show off some new toy.
The call of the peacock: 'Hey, everybody, look what I bought!!!' They they wave it around and make it make noise and play candy crush on it.

For most, it's the thrill of buying something shiny. The other thing is, people who buy them are like people who buy new Rolexes and really expensive sports cars; they have to let other people know that they own one. As if it's some sort of status symbol. I see these self important twits at work every day, and not a week goes by that some nut or other has to show off some new toy.
The call of the peacock: 'Hey, everybody, look what I bought!!!' They they wave it around and make it make noise and play candy crush on it.

Thought I'd weigh in on this because I agonized for awhile as to what phone to buy. Basically, I got used to the Apple way of doing things. I bought a cheap Samsung to figure out if I liked Android and I just didn't. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but after years of being with Apple, Apple was just more familiar to me, and I was comfortable with it. I then went with the iPhone X simply because I love the screen and enjoy playing games on it. It really is a much better screen than the 8, and worth a few extra hundred dollars between the 8 and the X.

Back