• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Consumer Reports just tested Digital SLRs

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
11,819
Just some FYI....

1. Canon EOS Rebel XT
2. Konica Maxxum 7D
3. Nikon D70
4. Canon EOS 20D
5. Sigma SD10
6. Olympus E 300
7. Pentax*ist DS

September 2005 issue.
 
Yeah, I get this magazine. I just saw it.

Last month they did point and shoot digitals.
 
I wonder if it's as bad as their reviews of audio and video stuff?

probably is...
 
What I do not like about consumer reports mags, is they rate items saying "This is the Best" when many items, particularly a camera can not have a single best choice. It would greatly depend on the person and how they plan to use it it. What qualities are best to that person. While Consumer Reports does provide this level of detail, most of its readers I have dealt with do not read to that level and just look at the bottom line ranking. Not a good way to review ANY review, but people are lazy.
 
Yeah the XT is SOOOO much better than the 20D :rolleyes:

This is probably a price/performance comparison for the avg. consumer. Where's 1DsII ???

I guess this is a suggested list for amateurs or something. I dont see that many pro's out there sitting on the side of a sports event with a Rebel XT...
 
nullvector said:
Yeah the XT is SOOOO much better than the 20D :rolleyes:

This is probably a price/performance comparison for the avg. consumer. Where's 1DsII ???

I guess this is a suggested list for amateurs or something. I dont see that many pro's out there sitting on the side of a sports event with a Rebel XT...

Which I think the highest rated component of consumer reports is the price/performance ratio. Which when looking at DSLR to me would be the least important factors for the audience purchasing such cameras. That would almost be as bad as giving a higher rating to a DSLR because it is the smallest one.

This is also why audio/video gear is so poorly judge in consumer reports. Luxury items (which audio/video gear is) should not be weighed as heavily on price/performance, it should not be ignored but should not make up the biggest part of the score.
 
I liked the report CR did about point and shoots but felt that some areas are not judged correctly. You have to figure they are juding upon the average consumer, not a amature photographer who would spend 20% more money for an improvement of 5% in image quality.

Rob
 
If you've ever consistently read their comparos, you would see that as everyone expects- they judge based largely on price/perfomance for the average joe - the guy that needs a magazine like this to help him make his decision. No offense to anyone here who has done so.
 
Yes, seems that way, a comparison of price to performance and such. I mean, you don't see many regular consumers shooting any SLR beyond the Rebels or D70. I'd take a 20D over any of the ones in that list. :D
 
Back
Top