Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The banana wins.
banana always wins
I will say it again as i have for years
Console are becoming PC's and always have been, PC gaming / PC are not dieing, just changing form.
this round of console just nails one more in the coffin!
Yet the PS4 won't be able to run the Epic's Elemental demo as well as the GTX 680. If consoles were really twice as powerful as a PC with the same specs it could. http://www.pcper.com/news/Editorial/Epic-Games-disappointed-PS4-and-Xbox-One
lol...
talk about being slow... I dispute the fact that the consoles are siginifanclt faster than comprable PCs and I have posted up plenty of benchmarks to prove it
an ancient pentium 3 with a ATi radeon 1800 XL (available at the time of 360 release) is enough to obliterate their performance. that setup can render doom 3 at 1600*1200 at more than 60fps with options maxed, the 360 and PS3 cannot.
In one of these other dumb console threads I even showed where the graph provided showing a PS3 being faster than the cost reduced version of the 7800 was wrong....
I don't have any recollection of Carmack ever saying to the effect of 2x, but if he did, I suspect he was talking about the performance differential with regard to something quite specific. Generally speaking, the layers of abstraction between hardware and applications is not something that cuts performance down by a factor of two.
they will always be separate.
high end pc gaming exists because it brings more to the table for those that want it.
consoles bring significantly less but serve a greater market due to age of the system and price.
I've seen that article before. I guess you missed where the author conceded it might not have been optimized for PS4. When that video came out, someone at B3D with inside knowledge said exactly that - not optimized yet.
You always change your argument. Slippery. Forget significantly faster, you've tried to insist a PS4 would actually be weaker than a hypothetical PC with identical specs. You also have tried to dismiss the inefficiency of PCs laden with Windows and direct x as a myth. It's not just Carmack.and that Russian dude, since its reveal I've read a half dozen other developers talking about how much more they can squeeze out of console hw compared to PC.
epic's demo already proved that the PC is stronger than a PS4 did ya miss that link earlier?
That's one thing and optimization hasn't come around yet. Nobody is disputing that a raw cards theoretical power is stronger, it's just on the PC you will NEVER EVER see it. Epic is also one of those devs that will go with whatever they tune their hardware for, and then back track once they optimize and make some cash and claim up and down the opposite of what they said when they move to something else. They aren't that good of a resource (they did this with the 360 vs PC before).
They're hardly worth listening to over Carmac, AMD, and pretty much everyone else that matters. All of which have been pointing out for a while now how much Windows and directX cripple gaming.
You should be happy that consoles get more out of their hardware, that's where games will get the room to expand down the line. Because when the consoles get double and even higher performance out of hardware today it means it will be worth upgrading PC hardware. It's not a bad thing.
I've seen that article before. I guess you missed where the author conceded it might not have been optimized for PS4. When that video came out, someone at B3D with inside knowledge said exactly that - not optimized yet.
No way consoles are twice as efficient as PCs anymore.
Most of the old "efficiency" that was seen is due to the resolution gap...lots of Xbox 360 games run at 540p max and then upscale to HD resolutions.
With the new consoles hopefully offering true HD all the time or at least hopefully a lot more frequently, efficiency is going to converge.
Non sequitur.
It could have looked better with more optimization.
Crytek CEO said PS4 has as much power as anyone could have reasonably expected given the realities of the console business. MS is the company that completely missed the mark. I remember last year when Epic started hyping UE4 and they said at 1 TF things get interesting. The Wii U fanboys were hoping it was that minimum spec, turns out it was Durango. ROFL