Votes: 24 16.2%
  • 36-40

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • 40+

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters

stamsek

[H]F Junkie
I'm curious about the age range for Console gamers these days on [H].

I'm 22. I never play by myself, or play the campaigns. I pretty much only play with my friends on live.

On the consoles, I only play the campaigns by myself and never play online :D

I'm 30, but I checked 31-35 because I feel old.

edit: I would consider myself more of a PC gamer than a console gamer. I own 2 xbox 360s that I do game on, but they stream Netflix more than anything else.

I'm 31, my wife is 27. Most of the people on my friends list, and people I game with are older than 35, with my closest game buddies in their 40s.

Lets take this poll again in 20 years, I'll still be here. :D

33 here. I tend to play a lot of single player games (after years of FPS gaming on the PC I'm bored of the genre) but I do play the hell out of fighting games online.
I've got all of the consoles and a PC and I find myself playing all of them pretty often except the Wii. I turn it on once every 5-6 months to make sure it still works :p

I game on pretty much everything.
as of late consoles have been my bag...sorry trying to play shit like deveil may cry or vanquish with a KB and mouse is a freakin no go.
I do not discriminate when it comes to having fun....

I've been gaming nonstop since my parents got me an Atari 2600 for Christmas in 1979.

Only 4 people play halo :eek: I started on atari st. Which is a console computer...or master system and a load of old ataris but they were kind of retro at the time. The first playstation really kind of made console gaming however...first gaming platform that both I and someone I knew had.

23 play console and pc but prolly log less hours on both combined than most do on one.

I'm 25, was a hardcore console gamer when I was younger by my interest in consoles has taken a deep dive in place of online PC games. GTA4 and Tekken 6 were just about the only reasons I bought a 360 and they were a disappointment, this may be the last console I ever buy.

I fall into the 26-30 range. The first console we owned, growing up, was the NES, but I was gaming prior to that, mostly at friend's and other family's houses.

I'm encouraged that [H] has a reasonable amount of older gamers. :)

Still dwarfed by the 20s crowd though. :(

Just about everyone i run into is less than 18.

Those are just the one's you remember because they are the most annoying lol. For every 12 year old with a voice higher than Mickey Mouse mic spamming, there are 10 guys in their 20's who keep their mouths shut... so they don't stick out in your mind lol.

Every time I hear a high pitched voice pop on the mic (whether it's console or pc), I know I'm about to hear that voice every 2.5 seconds for the next hour. I usually just mute them, if the game has that option. If it doesn't, I leave. Better that than slowly being driven insane.

Yeah, I think the kids are just more vocal and annoying. I always get weird hate mail from young SF4 players complaining that I'm using some kind of "exploit" even though I've been doing the same tricks since (likely) before they were even born :p

Last edited:
I'm deserve to vote on this one even though I don't play my ps3 or 360 much.

I still buy some console games (albeit, few), but I just don't play them.

Those are just the one's you remember because they are the most annoying lol. For every 12 year old with a voice higher than Mickey Mouse mic spamming, there are 10 guys in their 20's who keep their mouths shut... so they don't stick out in your mind lol.

Every time I hear a high pitched voice pop on the mic (whether it's console or pc), I know I'm about to hear that voice every 2.5 seconds for the next hour. I usually just mute them, if the game has that option. If it doesn't, I leave. Better that than slowly being driven insane.

lol, ya your prolly right.

How about portable game consoles ?
26-30 age group : the age group that grew up with the first portable game consoles, game boys and game gears

29 and I bounce back and forth between the PC and the 360. i find i perfer a good RPG on the PC (fallout3, DA:O) but i like Action/Adventure & Racing genres better on the console. Online gaming is only on the console and only with friends (the ones i drink with). In my younger days, 4 hours a day was a short day of gaming, now it feels like I spent my entire day at it.

I'll be 29 in 4 months. Been playing console games since I was old enough to hold a controller, will be playing console games until I can't hold a controller.

I wasn't introduced to PC gaming until I was 12-13.

I'm pretty sure this poll is more representative of the [H] forum age range rather than the console gamer age range. When I was under 20 I never frequented hardware forums, spent a bit of time on actual game specific forums and wasted a lot of time on games-workshop forums though ;)

29. Play both but put more time into the Xbox. No installs or manual updates. I always buy from Steam if I can nowdays. Most games I play on PC are strategy games.

Remember that what you're polling here is the age range of [H] console gamers, which will differ from the real world.

I would guess that the majority of people here range from the mid-20s to mid-30s. If you went and did this same poll on Gamespot, you'd probably find more teenagers.

I'm 26. I play both consoles and pc.
The wife and I play our xbox 360 together and she's 24.

Back