Congrats on getting to #1

anyone else notice the 100+ new folders in the last 7days for OCAU?

Keep on Folding!!

Well, I brought another folding box online today, makes it 4 total for me.

I made a nice little central webpage so I can see the status of everyting since it's on 2 work pcs, my laptop and my home pc. It'll upload the status file every hour, then I make it look pretty on this webpage: http://www.happyapplefarm.net/FAH/FAH.php

I'll add my home pc when I get home.

Go [H]orde go.

sweet... I gotta get more boxen.... :D

Keep on Folding!!

OSUguy98 said:
anyone else notice the 100+ new folders in the last 7days for OCAU?

Keep on Folding!!

I think its a last ditch effort, I doubt 90% of them on going to stay on a week past losing the #1 spot. I think we could bring in that many as well, if there wasn't so much fighting and dissociation.

MeanieMan said:
I think its a last ditch effort, I doubt 90% of them on going to stay on a week past losing the #1 spot.

Yeah well we could use another hundred people. Frontpage time?

badasspenguin said:
I made a nice little central webpage so I can see the status of everyting since it's on 2 work pcs, my laptop and my home pc. It'll upload the status file every hour, then I make it look pretty on this webpage: http://www.happyapplefarm.net/FAH/FAH.php

Go [H]orde go.

Badasspenguin, looking for something similar myself. If you could help us figure this out, please let us know.

badasspenguin said:
Well, I brought another folding box online today, makes it 4 total for me.

Go [H]orde go.

I want, I want...

It's a simple PHP script...so you'd need a site that supports PHP. It's actually very crude...but it works.

Basically I have a task'd job that uploads the unitinfo.txt file to my website every hour. Then this just reads and parses the job. Here's the block of code to create the display for one text file, just keep adding them over and over again for however many displays you need. I made each one a cell in a table.

PHP:
<?php
/* file 0*/
$file="laptop.txt";
$fp = fopen($file, "r");
$firstline = fgets($fp);$firstline = fgets($fp);$firstline = fgets($fp);
echo "<tr><td width='275'>";
echo "<b>Laptop</b><br>";
echo "<b>WU Name:</b><font color='green'>". substr($firstline,5) . "</font>";
$firstline = fgets($fp);
echo "<br><b>Downloaded:</b>" . substr($firstline,14);
$firstline = fgets($fp);
$firstline = fgets($fp);
echo "<br><b>Progress: </b><font color='red'>" . substr($firstline,10) . "</font>";
fclose($fp);
echo "</td></tr>";

just change the top $file to whatever your file name for that unitinfo.txt is.

Put that in the middle of the PHP file, and then pretty it up however you see fit.

badasspenguin said:
It's a simple PHP script...so you'd need a site that supports PHP. It's actually very crude...but it works.

Basically I have a task'd job that uploads the unitinfo.txt file to my website every hour. Then this just reads and parses the job. Here's the block of code to create the display for one text file, just keep adding them over and over again for however many displays you need. I made each one a cell in a table.

PHP:
<?php
/* file 0*/
$file="laptop.txt";
$fp = fopen($file, "r");
$firstline = fgets($fp);$firstline = fgets($fp);$firstline = fgets($fp);
echo "<tr><td width='275'>";
echo "<b>Laptop</b><br>";
echo "<b>WU Name:</b><font color='green'>". substr($firstline,5) . "</font>";
$firstline = fgets($fp);
echo "<br><b>Downloaded:</b>" . substr($firstline,14);
$firstline = fgets($fp);
$firstline = fgets($fp);
echo "<br><b>Progress: </b><font color='red'>" . substr($firstline,10) . "</font>";
fclose($fp);
echo "</td></tr>";

just change the top $file to whatever your file name for that unitinfo.txt is.

Put that in the middle of the PHP file, and then pretty it up however you see fit.

You could use smb shares and allow anon access read only to the unitinfo.txt file for everyone and update it in realtime. I may give this a try later today if I get some time. Thanks for posting the code.

I have a perl thing which does pretty much the same thing (but prettier ;) ) built into fold-server; if anyone's interested, I could write a simpler one which wouldn't require FAHlog as well as unitinfo. For an example of how the output turns out, check out this page. Another option.

edit: Here's the source. Enjoy!

MeanieMan said:
I think its a last ditch effort, I doubt 90% of them on going to stay on a week past losing the #1 spot. I think we could bring in that many as well, if there wasn't so much fighting and dissociation.

What?, If anything we will steam on, we have had 1 big site offline for a month+ to upgrade their PC and a new big site almost ready (500+ PC's for both sites).

But this being a Congrats to the [H] thread, I congratulate [H] on beign #1 (almost, a few hours to go yet).

FearTec [OCAU]

FearTec said:
What?, If anything we will steam on, we have had 1 big site offline for a month+ to upgrade their PC and a new big site almost ready (500+ PC's for both sites).

But this being a Congrats to the [H] thread, I congratulate [H] on beign #1 (almost, a few hours to go yet).

FearTec [OCAU]

Its a good idea to read a thread before replying.
I was talking about your new members. Everyone has their big hitters.

FearTec said:

FearTec [OCAU]
You chaps just won't give up without a helluva run! It looks like you've closed the loss to 4k PPD, even without those "heavy hitters" you mentioned.

FT, forget the excuses. Team #24 is doing all right without them. :)

Damn, this is better than road rally! Just when you think you've caught 'em at the turn, they get juuuust a little more from the motor... :D

I guess I spoke too soon :eek:

OCAU just added 200 users in this week alone, so now they have more active users than you.

Their PPD is lower, but they're getting more actual points per day than you are right now............ I guess they're not giving their spot up without a fight.

Well, if nothing else, the past couple of days have gotten the top 3 teams talking more.

Kind of reminds me of trying to get rid of insect infestations...

Once you think you are done with them... theres another little bugger...

I wonder if anyone would hate me if I took all 35-40 of my rigs and started to fold for OCAU just temporary..........................

just kidding :D :D Team 33 all the way

darktiger said:
I wonder if anyone would hate me if I took all 35-40 of my rigs and started to fold for OCAU just temporary..........................
Why not? ;)

darktiger said:
No one would hate you..... though it may be necessary to deport you for your own safety.....

darktiger said:

*calls all his brilliant engineer friends to build a teleporter to take all of darktiger's boxen*

DR_K as a mod --^8

man... get on the ball here... fearless leader!

lets go now!

DR_K13 said:
Borg a few for me Guys. I lost 2/3 of my Borgs :(
how the hell did that happen?

god i hate being sick, i can barely move, so much damn phlegm...i hate this shit.
</non sequiter>

DR_K13 said:
Borg a few for me Guys. I lost 2/3 of my Borgs :(

I was wondering why I was catching up to you after you blew past me. I know the upgrade from a P3 700 to a P4 2.8 wouldn't be the cause.

I just wish I could borg the hundreds of P4 2.8 Ghz machines that are surrounding me. :mad:

EOC shows us as being outproduced, but Stanford shows us as being about 2700pts behind right now.... and a few hours ago, it was something like 7500pts... so we're just barely outproducing them... I think EOC isn't quite on the same page as Stanford right now for some reason....

Keep on Folding!!

Congrats to all soon. We got nearly the entire Forum post for the week. Thanks Steve!

Just borged 2 more p4 1.8's.
I need to get moving on at least 1 more.

Fold ON!

Back