• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Confusion with different X-fi models!

Joined
Apr 9, 2006
Messages
10
Hi, at the moment I'm about to buy an audio card because the onboard audio on my Asus P5E-Deluxe is awful.

My main concern is gaming so I understand the best idea is probably Creative cards.

I also know that the X-fi Audio is not a real X-fi.

My possibles choices are:

X-fi Extreme Gamer
X-fi Titanium
X-fi Extreme Music UUA

I know the Extreme Music UUA is not sold anymore but I can get it for 15% less $$$.


The questions are:

--1-- Can you compare the Extreme Music UUA to the Titanium? I can't find any difference!

--2-- Order the cards in audio quality order.

--3-- Order the cards in gaming options order (Newer EAX support in any of them... ¿? )

Thanks !!
 
The ExtremeMusic UAA does not appear on the list, But I can get it cheaper than the titanium, do you know the difference?
 
Thank you very much :D That sums it up.

(Wikipedia was the last place I'd search for this sort of info .. :p sorry )
 
Thank you very much :D That sums it up.

(Wikipedia was the last place I'd search for this sort of info .. :p sorry )
And honestly, you'd probably not know the difference performance/sound quality wise.

I'd get the cheaper one unless the PCI/PCIe interface difference makes a huge deal for you.
 
You might give Auzentech X-fi Forte a try as well. It supports all the new stuff that creative cards do, like EAX 5.0 HD Advanced, since it uses the same second gen X-Fi chip. Reviews seem to favor the X-fi Forte, and is a very affordable price.
 
I've got the Auzen Prelude and it's an excellent sound card. If I were buying a card today, I'd get the Forte. It's newer, has a headphone amp, PCI-e... and cheaper. ;)
 
Thank you very much :D That sums it up.

(Wikipedia was the last place I'd search for this sort of info .. :p sorry )

There's one other benefit to the Titanium and the rehashed XtremeGamer (the smaller one) over the older XtremeMusic/XtremeGamer... The fact that it uses a standard front-panel jack for the case front panel audio connection (Intel HD, if your case only has an AC97 connector you're out of luck tho).

Whether that's of any value to ya is another story, you can always get a 3.5mm jack extension cable and run the speaker wires to your desk to swap from speakers to headphones instead.
 
Its a killer for me. I am not so sure will fit in some PCI-E slots especially the EVGA X58 Classified and no shielding. Not so sure about Auzentech X-Fi Forte. I do have the x-fi fatality champion series its a great card and small.
 
Back
Top