Computerbase updated graphics card ranking.

Shintai

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.computerbase.de/thema/grafikkarte/rangliste/#diagramm-performancerating-1920-1080

upload_2017-6-11_12-58-52.png

upload_2017-6-11_12-59-30.png

upload_2017-6-11_12-59-51.png

Pretty happy with my RX 580 Red Devil, on silent mode is dead quiet and still clocks 1400Mhz+ :D

These seem slightly skewed in Nvidia's favor. Fury X should be doing way better at 4K, for example.

Perhaps, the lack of memory is holding it back in this particular test suite. Regardless, the Fury X is only a couple of percent behind the 980Ti so I would say the performance effectively equal with the direct competition in 4K.

Last edited:
How many games tested and what were they?

These summary can change significantly when sample sizes are small and games get switched in & out.

TPU's recent GPU reviews for example, has the Fury X ~ 980Ti (stock tho, obviously it OC better) at 1440p and faster at 4K.

Its awesome to see how well the 470 and 570 cards do, and how much they blow away all competition in their price range.

Perhaps, the lack of memory is holding it back in this particular test suite. Regardless, the Fury X is only a couple of percent behind the 980Ti so I would say the performance effectively equal with the direct competition in 4K.
And no way in hell it is that close with a 1060 and 980Ti. That whole chart looks way off unless it is all GW games.

And no way in hell it is that close with a 1060 and 980Ti. That whole chart looks way off unless it is all GW games.
Remember that is a reference blower 980ti and left at defaults (so throttling a bit probably), checking some other reliable review sites the 1060 can get very close or match reasonably often the reference blower 980.
So with a general gap of 25% at 1080p and 29% at 1440p it could be feasible when taking into account defaults that can cause reference blower 980ti to throttle - using the reference FE 1060 in that chart as it is the one most are used to in benchmarks.
Why I like sites such as PCGHardware because they go out of their way to also test custom that is closer to real world rather than just defaults on a reference product (anyone buying these would have to change some settings otherwise they are missing out on a fair bit of performance).
And this is not a critique of Computerbase because every review site leaves the reference models at defaults including fan speeds for when generally compared to various other GPUs - need to read specific individual reviews to see how changing such parameters improve performance.

Regarding games it has a broad spectrum including such as AotS/Battlefield 1/Gears of War 4/Deus Ex: Mankind/COD Infinite Warfare/etc.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back