Computer Won't Start

devarinti

Weaksauce
My computer was working fine for like eight months now up until about six or seven hours ago today. And then I turned it off and went to class and now it won't start up. It's dead. All it does is a series of beeps and that's it. I have no idea what's wrong with it.

Computer Specs:
Overclocked E8400 processor last running at 3.60 Ghz, 4 gigs of standard RAM, ATI 4850 video card not overclocked supporting dual monitor, aftermarket zerotherm nirvana fan, Gigabyte EP43 UD3L (i think not sure) motherboard. And a bunch of random 90/120mm fans, 2 Hard drives--> one is a IDE 80 GB fairly old, another is a 500 GB recently purchased SATA hard drive by western digital I think.

So, now that I've my amazing final paper and a shit load of important things on there, what do I do? Any ideas??

Your help is greatly appreciated especially if it leads to successful start up even if not it is appreciated.

Might want to check if any loose PSU cables are touching anything they shouldn't be. That's the first thing I always check if my computer fails to boot completely.

Yes, check to make sure all connection are tight. Also while power unplugged try resetting your BIOS by removing the battery and reinstalling it.

Unplug the PSU from the surge protector and clear your CMOS by using the jumper and removing the battery for a good 10 mins or so. Put the battery back, reset the jumper, and plug it in. Unplug all drives from the PSU. Power on and post results. If it works, great... plug in your drives and try again. If it doesn't, try another PSU.

Back