My nephew was playing a game on my desktop today, and it turned off completely, power, everything.
I figured maybe the GPU had burned up since it was kind of warm in the room.
But no, with gpu removed it still does not even attempt to power on. No lights, no fans, no beeps. I do however, get a quick flicker of a red light from the motherboard when i hit the power button.
I have also tried removing components one by one and trying to power it on. With only MB/CPU/RAM, Speaker, power switch and a known-working PSU, it does the same thing.
Would it be safe to assume the motherboard is dead? since i cannot swap the components into any other systems to test.
The rig is only 2 months old. I bought the board from newegg as an 'open box' item. last time i do that.
GIGABYE - P55M-UD2
XFX 9800gt
CI7 - 860 (lga 1175)
G.Skill ripjaws (ddr3 16000)
Apevia 600W PSU/ HipeR 580W PSU
I figured maybe the GPU had burned up since it was kind of warm in the room.
But no, with gpu removed it still does not even attempt to power on. No lights, no fans, no beeps. I do however, get a quick flicker of a red light from the motherboard when i hit the power button.
I have also tried removing components one by one and trying to power it on. With only MB/CPU/RAM, Speaker, power switch and a known-working PSU, it does the same thing.
Would it be safe to assume the motherboard is dead? since i cannot swap the components into any other systems to test.
The rig is only 2 months old. I bought the board from newegg as an 'open box' item. last time i do that.
GIGABYE - P55M-UD2
XFX 9800gt
CI7 - 860 (lga 1175)
G.Skill ripjaws (ddr3 16000)
Apevia 600W PSU/ HipeR 580W PSU