• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer Starting Up Problem

WarthraX

n00b
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
2
I got this problem for my computer. I have an Windows 2000 Pro. what it happens is that when I start off my computer the loading screen comes up saying "Windows 2000 Pro [Build in NT Technology] than at the bottom it says Starting Load. Then what happens is that the taskbar go up to like 4-6 bars than it stops and freeze. What I need to do is restart the computer and press F8 and go into the Windows 2000 Pro Option menu and click into Enable Log something. Then what I thought it was fixed...so than the next day I turned on my computer and it was the same thing and I have to used the F8 thing again to fixed it...but I don't want to do that when everytime I turned on my computer. So is their anyway to fixed it?

Thank You for reading and I will be appreciated if you can help me.


-WarthaX
 
Pop the Win 2000 cd in like your doing an install....Boot the computer up with the windows 2000 cd in there and set your cd-rom drive as the first boot drive....Now tell it you want to go to the recovery console.....Now once there, the two things I would try would be these two commands: "fixmbr" and this one "chkdsk /r"....The chkdsk will take awhile but that should do the trick...Post back as soon as you can and let me know if that works or not....
 
I currently do not have the Windows 2000 Pro CD...because my Uncle has it. Do you have an another way even without using the CD?
 
You might be able to download the Win2k boot floppies (4-6 of them...can't remember) from Microsoft and get to the recovery console. Not sure, but it might be worth a try without the CD.
 
Back
Top