• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer makes noise when moving mouse

l33t3r

n00b
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
30
Hey guys, i have builded my computer 3 years ago and from the very first day, it makes noise when i'm moving mouse- at around 1khz. The sound is coimng from computer and NOT the speakers. Specs are: Amd x2 6000+, 2gb ram, Asus M4A79 Deluxe, 8800GTS 320, Asus Xonar STX, WD 640GB Black, WD80GB, LC Power Prophecy v2.2 850W.

Would you know which component makes this noise? I can't figure this out myself because when i move my ears near computer i can't hear the buzz anymore because of the fan noise.

Thanks!
 
I have had computers that did this as well, but I was never able to tell what was causing it. I usually have music playing though, so it never really bothered me.

You could experiment by changing your USB polling rate to see if the sound changes. 1KHz is a pretty common rate for gaming mice.
 
Thanks, i'll try lowering it to 500hz and see if beeping goes lower. Also, nobody else had this problem?
 
I used to have a similar problem and it was caused by my graphics card, a 4870. It went away when I swapped to a GTX460.
 
My understanding is that it's from the inductors on the GPU. I had a 9800 Pro, among others, that did it. It would also whine when displaying particular resolutions.
 
My understanding is that it's from the inductors on the GPU. I had a 9800 Pro, among others, that did it. It would also whine when displaying particular resolutions.

I've never heard of anything like that.

We'd really be screwed if there weren't forums like this that allow a free exchange of ideas. (BIG Thumbs-Up for HardForum and others like it!) :)
 
Back
Top