Computer makes buzzing noises when I turn it on.

CastletonSnob

Weaksauce
Heard a buzzing noise when I turned on my computer, so turned it off and on several times.

Pretty sure it's not the HDD, because my computer has an SSD.

Computer's barely a month old. There's no way something's wrong with it already.

Heard the buzzing noise again the other day and today.

I don't know if I'm just not used to the differences between my new computer and my old computer that I had for 7-8 years. I'm not used to there being less of a delay between when you press the power button and when the computer turns on, for example.

What's it plugged into? My UPS makes buzzing noises when my computer is off.

use a paper towel tube to listen and pinpoint it. could be electrical could be case vibration, but youll have to figure out where first.

Reactions: Odigo
like this
No wait, it is plugged into a surge protector.

Not sure it's the fan either, because my fan is pretty quiet to the point where I barely hear it.

Last edited:
Oh, I misread the original post.. I thought the noise was when the computer was off. Check cords and make sure none are grazing any fans.

Is it normal for a computer to sometimes not make the startup sound?

Like, my computer makes a beeping noise when it gets to the Acer title screen, but it didn't this morning.

Is it normal for a computer to sometimes not make the startup sound?

Like, my computer makes a beeping noise when it gets to the Acer title screen, but it didn't this morning.
yeah sometime it will post and not beep. the acers at work do that, so do some of our hps and dells.

Back