computer keeps shutting off, help!!

misfitsfiend

[H]ard|Gawd
i just installed my new heatsink, which is a slk900a, and added a 92mm vantec thermoflow. now, when i turn my computer on, it runs for about 3-8 seconds, and then turns off! i checked the fans, and all fans are spinning. i installed these anti static feet on the bottom of the heatsink like i was told, but i already had some rubber things on the processor, but i installed them anyway. my first time trying it, it turned off, then i thought maybe the feet were raising the heatsink, so it wasn't making contact with the processor. so i took them off, and it's still not working! as i said, all the fans are spinning, and everything is plugged in, i kinda get the feeling that the processor is overheating. i hope i didn't burn it up! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

I'm not really following all the crap that's going between your CPU and HSF, but take out everything but the thermal paste. Also make sure your HSF is plugged into the right fan header, if your board has one specifically for the CPU fan.

Is the new fan on 3 or 4 pin? When I switched from a 3 to 4 pin fan, I had the setting to prevent the system from running when no CPU 3 pin fan detected. It took me a min to figure it out but try resetting the BIOS.

Back