• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer issue

Pdwe

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
308
Lian Li 8nwx
Antec 650 watt PS
Gigabyte EP 45T USB 3.0
Pentium 4 3.8 prescott 775 cpu
Corsair DDR3 2x2 4 GB
Ati x700 pro pci-e
Soundblaster Audigy ZS
Plextor Dvd Rw
Vantec ez swap
Vantec ez swap

The problem I'm having is when I power up case fans start then turns off turns back on turns off within 2 seconds. It takes 4 times to come on and stay on.

I have talked to gigabyte they told me to

Remove soundcard Still does it

then they said remove 1 stick of ram and soundcard Still does it

I even swapped out each memory stick still does it

I even tried removing 1 stick of ram soundcard and video card still does it.

I told them I'll try a new power supply to rule that out.

Anybody have exp with this board?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Disconnect the EZ swaps. See what happens.

What do you mean by "4 times"? Like 4 times of that turn off, turn on, turn off, and turn on sequence?
 
Disconnect the EZ swaps. See what happens.

What do you mean by "4 times"? Like 4 times of that turn off, turn on, turn off, and turn on sequence?

Yes I mean't it turns on turns off 3 times for 1 or 2 seconds

The 4th time it turns on and stays on and no more issues

Gigabyte wonders if motherboard is gounded properly.

I hope the ez swaps aren't the issue
 
Back
Top