It took me a bit to decide on what section to post this thread in, but here goes...
I'm looking to finish up an Associate of Engineering Science degree at my community college, and to transfer out to a 4yr school as a Junior.
I'm having trouble deciding whether Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering are right for me. I've looked on job postings for the bigger computer hardware manufacturers and some require a EE and some a CE for what seem to be pretty similar job descriptions.
What I'd like to see myself doing in the future is designing computer hardware or its components. This is were the name Computer Engineering seems obvious. But what about EE? Wouldn't there also be a wider job market for EE?
Any help is greatly appreciated, ESPECIALLY if you have experience in either field. Thanks!
I'm looking to finish up an Associate of Engineering Science degree at my community college, and to transfer out to a 4yr school as a Junior.
I'm having trouble deciding whether Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering are right for me. I've looked on job postings for the bigger computer hardware manufacturers and some require a EE and some a CE for what seem to be pretty similar job descriptions.
What I'd like to see myself doing in the future is designing computer hardware or its components. This is were the name Computer Engineering seems obvious. But what about EE? Wouldn't there also be a wider job market for EE?
Any help is greatly appreciated, ESPECIALLY if you have experience in either field. Thanks!