Computer doesn't see videos on SD card, but Canon Vixia camera does?

thegreywizard

Limp Gawd
So I have a Canon Vixia & a 128gb Lexar Pro 633x 95 mb/s SDXC memory card for about 6 months now and everything worked perfect.

Record to the SD then transfer via special transfer cable to my computer.

The computer would always see & also "import video & pictures" automatically to my computer. I could also view the files by manually working through the drive files.

Now when I try the cable, import video & pics doesn't see any new videos or files at all. And when I manually go in and check, there is nothing in any files. And there's probably 100gb on there by now.

I can however see the files on a little chrome book I have when I plug just the card in and also still view them on the camera itself.

It just seems to be my computer all of a sudden.

I am running Win7 Pro 64

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? I do video for my computer so this is a major complication.

I also do not have a card reader installed on my computer. While I plan to have on in the near future, I don't have one now and need access to the files ASAP. And I also just want windows to work like it's supposed to.

Thanks.

Does the computer recognize you've plugged the camera into the USB port?

The answer I have is a bit shitty, however, is there a solution in the manual? Unless if it ditches Win7 compatibility, there should be a solution in there (or recommended software/procedures). My best guess it is uses an UNIX-friendly file system which Win7 doesn't recognize (like "ext," unless I am forgetting something from my Win7 days).

Back