• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer did a Chkdsk when it booted up

Fazzar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
290
I fired up the computer today and it immediately went into a chkdsk by itself. It went through 3 steps... deleted some files etc. and then eventually booted into Windows.

I've never seen that before, should I be concerned that my hard-drive (Raid 0) is about to buy the farm?
 
Just keep an eye out in the future and be sure to have backups of any important data that's stored on the RAID 0. Chkdsk isn't the definitive proof that the HDD might go kaput
 
Well, I have some Critical Events (Kernel-Power). But that was prior to the Chkdsk by a few days.
 
Well, I have some Critical Events (Kernel-Power). But that was prior to the Chkdsk by a few days.

That could have caused some data corruption. I would run Memtest followed by a little prime 95. If all goes well there you may want to consider testing your hard drives with the manufacturer's utility.
 
Back
Top