• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer BSOD'ed and now wont even load bios.

Zaraky

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
117
My new computer started doing bsod this week... Had no idea why, i bought it back home since this is my off week and yesterday night, bang, one big bsod... The computer then started to restart but shutodnw itself, restarted again, shut down again and reapeat... I put down the power. The bios screen or loading screen wont load at all. So right now im totally confused about what to do...

If any of you got any idea it would be very welcome.
 
Last edited:
Lol... if i wasnt short on cash i would do whats hes doing in the video. but yeah cant happen lol.

Im using
CPU : I7-3770k
CPU Cooler: Noctua D-14
MoBo: Asrock extreme 4 Z77
PSU: Corsair AX850
GPU: Asus GtX670 4gb
Case: Silverstone FT02.
PSU: Corsair 850D (gold one) Cant remember.
Ram: 4x4gb skill sniper. 1.5v

I removed the ram, only going one stick yb stick. I had the erro d7, then plugge din keyboard and got error d6. trying to check what it is.
 
D6 = no console output device are found... so what could be the problem for this? I removed my videocard and plugged it on the motherboard plug... still same error. switched my ram ... still same error. Also... when the computer start, i see the logo for a second then d6 appear and screen goes black.
 
Last edited:
hsf? right now ive cleared cmos, reinstalled my video card been able to get on bios, and now been able to get on windows... but i dont think the problem is solved about the bsod...
 
Well I did alot of thing, took every memory stick and tested them one by one due to error 55 ( faulty memory) one bar seem to cause it all. Now... I'm at 12gb memory. and it seem that just buying one stick cant be done ( havent found anywhere so far)... So I'm trying to guess if I'm sticking to 12gb or going with new set. The question here at the moment, can I mix 1600ram with other mark or it need to be the same? Sucha s mixing gskill with corsair ect..
 
Well I did alot of thing, took every memory stick and tested them one by one due to error 55 ( faulty memory) one bar seem to cause it all. Now... I'm at 12gb memory. and it seem that just buying one stick cant be done ( havent found anywhere so far)... So I'm trying to guess if I'm sticking to 12gb or going with new set. The question here at the moment, can I mix 1600ram with other mark or it need to be the same? Sucha s mixing gskill with corsair ect..

So many things to address here:

1) So your system no longer BSODs after you took out that RAM?

2) Yes you can buy one stick of RAM EASILY. Just go on Newegg or NCIX or any half-decent online retailer and see for yourself.

3) Whether or not to stick with 12GB of RAM depends on what you're doing with this PC. So what are you using this PC for?

4) Note that RAM, at least when purchased in North America, have a lifetime warranty. So if that RAM is indeed defective, just RMA it back to the manufacturer. They'll send you a new and hopefully not defective stick in return.

5) Yes you can mix RAM made by other manufacutrers as long as they're the same voltage.
 
I send an email yo gskill, they said the memory could get rma but do to a memtest before. So I donwloaded memtest, set it up on my usb key and put back the memory into the motherboard... Of course, it can't even get to the boot with the memory bar. So can i conclude that it's faulty and ask for rma?
 
Back
Top