CompUSA/ Tigerdirect made me lol today

BDV

[H]ard|Gawd
I go into a store to pick up a second PCI-E card for back up and see a BFG 9800 1GB with huge stickers "As Advertised!"

The "As Advertised" price was 99.99 after 10$ mail in rebate (109.99 in store).

Behind the ad was a price sticker for this same card from last week. 89.99 without rebates.

Guess Bestbuy isnt the only place gauging prices on "sales"

as advertised != on sale.

as advertised means this is the one in the flyer that you came here to purchase. your ignorance as to the english language is not a scheme by retailers.

as advertised != on sale.

as advertised means this is the one in the flyer that you came here to purchase. your ignorance as to the english language is not a scheme by retailers.

I know exactly what "as advertised" means. Advertising price hikes as if they are price reductions (who in their right mind would advertise price hikes?) is rather low. All they are doing is tricking people :)

My English is fine tyvm.

I go into a store to pick up a second PCI-E card for back up and see a BFG 9800 1GB with huge stickers "As Advertised!"

The "As Advertised" price was 99.99 after 10$ mail in rebate (109.99 in store).

Behind the ad was a price sticker for this same card from last week. 89.99 without rebates.

Guess Bestbuy isnt the only place gauging prices on "sales"

I always find it funny that they would leave the old sticker behind the sale price one especially when the sale price is higher than the old sticker. :rolleyes:
Do they really think people don't look for the old sticker to see what the regular price is? I always do.

There obviously enough morons out there that this tactic works. If people didn't bite, then they wouldn't use it.

Thankfully I am an informed shopper (most of the time :D).

My store, thankfully, has never jacked the price on an as-advertised deal. Now... We may put it in the flyer for a second week at it's usual price, which is jacked compared to last week's sales price... While shady, it's not entirely that uncommmon.

as-advertised only means that it was in an ad... This has nothing to do with the price. Most retail shops do this

I work at a well known retail store and I can say this is no news to me. We do prices changes every week before a big sale. The price of anything that was on sale is lowered and the price of an item going on sale is raised.

Ever since I started working in sales, I now think twice about anything I buy "on sale" or "as advertised."

lol.

Yep, when you do sign changes in retail you learn first hand how it all works. The $399.99 item from last week is this week's $399.99 SALE item :rolleyes:

I went to CompUSA last week and some product "As Advertised" was $99.99 when it was $89.99 when its not on "sale."

Kinda reminds me of this "deal":

500x76sc6.jpg

The biggest problem with the "AS ADVERTISED" is their is a date which the price is offered. Usually the price is higher than then non-sale price so you would have to wait until it is past that date.

most morons just go WOW its on sale BIG RED LETTERS....I better get it before they are sold out.

Atara that has to be the stupidest thing I have....OH WAIT..console....NEVER MIND

Back