Completely confused, no boot up.

Rocksta107

Limp Gawd
Brand new computer, put it together today. I doubled checked all my wires to make sure everything was connected correctly and securely. Everything seems to be good, and yet when I hit the power button I get nothing at all. It feels like my system isn't getting and juice. I have an MSI P45 Neo3 and I don't see a little green LED telling me if I have power or not so I don't know how to check. Any thoughts?!?!?

I've eliminated the PSU as the culprit. I did the paperclip trick and the fan started right up. I'm thinking MB or CPU.

Alrighty, looks like we're getting closer. Had a shorting problem. System is at least turning on. I'll keep y'all posted.

Well now I can't seem to get WinXP installed without the BSOD coming up. No idea again.

It had a few errors and a few copying problems which I thought might be related to memory. Swapped one out and it seems to be working better. Fingers crossed about halfway through!!

Man, this thread is reading like a Twitter page. :)

Anyway, download Memtest+ V.170, unzip it, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP install CD. Let Memtest+ run for at least three hours on each stick of RAM separately. Go for a full 24 hours if you want to be completely sure that the RAM is not a problem. If you start seeing errors, than your RAM is bad.

Back