Complete Ivy Bridge Line-Up Leaked

Needs prices and I wonder how long until some Pentium level stuff gets an upgrade? Surely that smaller process will make those parts dirt cheap.

I haven't been following IB too closely...

Are they still planning on gimping VT-d / VT-x on the K series?

first glance theres not really any changes other than going from 32 to 22 NM....im wondering if there will be any architectural changes not shown here? doesn't look too exciting to me thus far.

so no i7 for ivy bridge?

Could be delayed, doubt they would get rid of their 8 thread 1155 CPUs.

first glance theres not really any changes other than going from 32 to 22 NM....im wondering if there will be any architectural changes not shown here? doesn't look too exciting to me thus far.

If it runs cooler and with less power then I am all for it. Definitely not a needed upgrade for current SB users.

What's the point of posting screenshots on Hardocp front page when you can't even see it. 70% of your page is ads lol

Fail...

oh lookie for 300 bucks more you get 15% performance increase and 100mhz higher clock over SB.. lol seriously intel, with 22nm you should damn well have stock clocks at 3.8Ghz not a measly 3.4Ghz.

well given that theres typically only 2 i7 parts for lga-1155, i'm sure they will be released later. since my guess is this is a leaked image that went to OEMs which only care about the i5's. or it will get leaked with the lga-2011 i7 processor lists.

so no i7 for ivy bridge?
There will be i7-3770 and its K, S and T versions, along with i3.

Needs prices and I wonder how long until some Pentium level stuff gets an upgrade? Surely that smaller process will make those parts dirt cheap.

22nm Pentiums and Celerons are not even planned yet

Seems it's not technically an upgrade, frequencies are just 100MHz higher and only revision that will be there is faster IGP, while CPUs remain in original configuration of 2 cores and 4 threads and 4 core ones.

When are we going to see stock speeds at 5.0 and above? It seems like we've been stuck at under 4 for ages.....

When are we going to see stock speeds at 5.0 and above? It seems like we've been stuck at under 4 for ages.....
First question would be if we even need more than 5 GHz stock rated processors. I'm sure they will be but maybe with haswell architecture or something later.

First question would be if we even need more than 5 GHz stock rated processors. I'm sure they will be but maybe with haswell architecture or something later.

TDP. Plus there's no guarantee that EVERY IB processor will run at 4-4.5 ghz with stock (very low end) cooling and low volts. We already saw plenty of SB processors that needed1.35v or higher (load) just for 4.5 ghz, including a few unlucky ones that needed 1.4v for 4.5 ghz. With results like that, intel can't make 4.5 ghz stock parts, and you're asking for 5 ghz?

It's ALSO not guaranteed that all of the chips will even run *4 ghz* with STOCK cooling and 85C stable core temps (72C tcase max or something on the sensor). The chips HAVE to be capable of withstanding high temps at a certain mhz reliably.

Remember, not everyone who buys computers is an overclocker or a "H" reader or XS or OCN member. We are the minority, NOT the majority.

Being a desktop admin, I'm extremely annoyed when intel releases 13 different variations of their i5 processors. What a bitch to research every year to find out which is best for my end user. Can't wait to see the i3 and i7 lineup :rolleyes:.

Being a desktop admin, I'm extremely annoyed when intel releases 13 different variations of their i5 processors. What a bitch to research every year to find out which is best for my end user. Can't wait to see the i3 and i7 lineup :rolleyes:.

Hard life

i5-3475S looks like it'd be a pretty cool HTPC chip being a 2.9GHz quad-core (3.6GHz turbo) with the HD4000 graphics at 65w.

Maybe I'll hold out and look for one of those for my secondary HTPC assuming my H61 board will support it. Been debating picking up a low-end LGA1155 chip, but I might just go this route.

There is little or no reason for intel to push themselfs with AMD taking a nap. It is much more profitable for them to release minor increments then major increments which will make their current offering insignificant and will force consumers to wait. People will more than happy to pay a premium for a minor increase at intel wants that.

Zarathustra[H];1038448783 said:
Unless the yield is poor with the new process, which is very likely.

Here is some info as well and its been there since November.

The reported reason for the delay in Ivy is a yield issue so it's more likely than we all thought. And coupled with the fact that Intel likes to charge astronomical prices on their outdated hardware, I doubt we'll see much in terms of price drops at all. Hell, not like AMD can capitalize on it =P

I believe I read there will be a rolling release over the course of a couple months on Ivy with some desktop chips coming out first. I'm personally interested in some IB i3's for a small box, but it looks like they'll be one of the latter parts released

TDP. Plus there's no guarantee that EVERY IB processor will run at 4-4.5 ghz with stock (very low end) cooling and low volts. We already saw plenty of SB processors that needed1.35v or higher (load) just for 4.5 ghz, including a few unlucky ones that needed 1.4v for 4.5 ghz. With results like that, intel can't make 4.5 ghz stock parts, and you're asking for 5 ghz?

It's ALSO not guaranteed that all of the chips will even run *4 ghz* with STOCK cooling and 85C stable core temps (72C tcase max or something on the sensor). The chips HAVE to be capable of withstanding high temps at a certain mhz reliably.

Remember, not everyone who buys computers is an overclocker or a "H" reader or XS or OCN member. We are the minority, NOT the majority.

very true, but given their stock clocks only being 100mhz higher then the current i5 2500, makes me wonder just how hot these chips run. you would think with the smaller process they should of been able to drop the temps a decent amount to allow for higher clocks in the process.

more then likely never. its cheaper to just add cores then it is to create a process that will allow for 100% consistent 5Ghz clocks within a specific power envelope. i mean hell look at how insane the power draw gets with the 2600k and even more so the SB-E processors. good luck trying to hit those clocks within 95-130w.

well, didn't intel say (when they stated aeons ago that single core high clock cpus are poo, we need lots of slow cores now) that we would have something like 16 or 32 core cpus by now? six-core is the most we have so far aside from maybe some server cpus and most cpus that are released are still just quad core. and we have been stuck at less than 4ghz since pentium 4 days. current cpu roadmaps are not impressive at all.

Does anyone know where to find the full Spring2012ProcessorFlipbook.pdf ? I want to see the full list

Is it? My adblock settings must be super great, then, since I've never seen a single one on [H]-anything, lawlson

I set my adblock stuff manually to include pretty much anything ad-related regardless of who it's coming from, so I wouldn't be surprised. Opera extensions do the rest through subscriptions. All that I see in my manually-blocked list on the main site is *doubleclick.net*

Fail is on you for not helping to support this great site by allowing ads to be shown. This is the only site on the web I allow them via Adblock.

Is it? My adblock settings must be super great, then, since I've never seen a single one on [H]-anything, lawlson

I set my adblock stuff manually to include pretty much anything ad-related regardless of who it's coming from, so I wouldn't be surprised. Opera extensions do the rest through subscriptions. All that I see in my manually-blocked list on the main site is *doubleclick.net*

Lol...

(23) Any discussion of AD BLOCKING software or instruction for using ad blocking regarding this forum or any other discussion in general of attempting to block advertisement will result in a no questions asked permanent ban on your account. This is not done lightly, rather deliberately to deny access to those who choose to utilize this forum, but not support our sponsors. It takes money to finance the cost of bandwidth, especially a forum of this size and if you don't care enough to support us through our advertisers, then we don't need your business. This will be the only warning with no discussion.

i5-3475S looks like it'd be a pretty cool HTPC chip being a 2.9GHz quad-core (3.6GHz turbo) with the HD4000 graphics at 65w.

Maybe I'll hold out and look for one of those for my secondary HTPC assuming my H61 board will support it. Been debating picking up a low-end LGA1155 chip, but I might just go this route.

I'm patiently waiting for the i3-3225 myself, it has the HD4000 and is only 55w.

does anyone know if 2500k and 2600k prices will go down when IB is released?

There is little or no reason for intel to push themselfs with AMD taking a nap. It is much more profitable for them to release minor increments then major increments which will make their current offering insignificant and will force consumers to wait. People will more than happy to pay a premium for a minor increase at intel wants that.

Tell that to those that want AMD out of the game completely.
They think it will benefit them or something.
Enjoy the game from intel now with prices and just playing with you. :D

Tell that to those that want AMD out of the game completely.
They think it will benefit them or something.
Enjoy the game from intel now with prices and just playing with you. :D

I'm starting to think that it's not so much that they're fans of Intel, but fans of paying more while getting less. :D

Back